Antec Nine Hundred $80 AR

I agree looks like something out of Tron. That or like a mini beer fridge.

Great case. It looks nice when its up and running with the led fans lit up. I was hesitant about the look at first, but I've had it for almost a year now and it performs great. The look grows on you.

Great case. Just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Although I paid $130 at Circuit City. :( That was the best buy back then.

Got mine for $105 @ circuit city, was a good deal but this is awesome. Great case, most logical and best cooling case I've owned :D.

I got mine for $60AR back in April. This one isn't quite as hot, but still an awesome deal!

my concern is the PSU being at the bottom but my enermax has 2 fans so its got good cooling, just concerned about overall temps etc...

my concern is the PSU being at the bottom but my enermax has 2 fans so its got good cooling, just concerned about overall temps etc...

I'm not sure what you mean... are you concerned this case will have higher overall temps because the PSU is on the bottom?

case is fugly and lacks class, but function wise looks capable. good deal.

I'm not sure what you mean... are you concerned this case will have higher overall temps because the PSU is on the bottom?

My enermax is the same way. You've got one fan pulling air into the power supply and one fan blowing out of the case. But wouldn't that configuration mean that all of the heat generated by the power supply would get vented out? Especially since there are 3 other really nice size fans?

There no temp problems with this case. There are two 90mm fans at the front that draw air in. The PSU pulls some of that air down through the PSU. The back 90mm fan draws some of that air away from the motherboard, and the 200mm fan on top draws a lot air from the motherboard. In a pretty warm room with crappy cable concealing I get motherboard temps in the mid 30's C. This case is made for air movement, and that's what it does.

ninehundred are awsome. Great case and it never even gets warm. The lighted fans are pretty bright so I took them out and put black ones in so I could sleep at night without turning the PC off. (torrent works well overnight:D)

My enermax is the same way. You've got one fan pulling air into the power supply and one fan blowing out of the case. But wouldn't that configuration mean that all of the heat generated by the power supply would get vented out? Especially since there are 3 other really nice size fans?

That's how all my power supplies have been set up - they don't blow PSU exhaust air into the case, they blow it out the back. Hence my confusion over dwilson's post.

I got in on the Fry's deal, but I got BB to pricematch Fry's.

BTW the fans LED fans are 120mm not 90mm.

The Antec P180 has a very similar internal arrangement and almost as many fans but doesn't have the case windows or LED fans.

Well, after my status has been at "Open" since the 31st of August, I called CompUSA today, yet have been on hold for over 40 minutes, and have yet to get someone to pick up to explain this. If past experience has been any indication, they are going to cancel my order for no reason... :mad:

I got mine with no problems, I did add an overpriced Zalman CPU cooler to get free shipping, the only faults I can find with the case is that it's a nightmare to do cable management, but if you got creative with a dremel you could make it work.

Cooling wise, it's probably the most well designed and quiet case I've seen. One of the first things I'll do with it is replace the stock 120mm fans with decent ones. The original 120's are molex only and have a rather silly 3-way switch on each. The 200mm fan on top is huge, and awesome.

I'd rate the case a 8/10 and well worth the price.

=( thats done for shipping anyone know of any other atntec 900 deals ? ill pay 70 used !

its ok, not as big as my brothers Xclio with the 2 10cm fans on side and his has much more room to work in and overall seems better than my antec 900, but Im keeping it, just cause too much of a hassle to take apart and send back, and the cooling isnt too bad, and it is pretty loud on high, but hey im trying to keep all my component the coolest possible.just dropped a x1950pro agp 512 in the case and it fit ok.

Back