• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Neopower 480 PSU

aldy402

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
3,404
Im looking to buy this PSU, I read some reviews and it states that the modular cables are already sleaved but when I look at the product pic at NEWEGG, it shows non-sleeved regular modular cables.

also

one of the NEWEGG reviewers also stated his cables were already sleeved when he received his NEOPOWER, did ANTEC release a new revision that provided the customer with sleeved modular cables?

oh and hows the noise on this case during doom 3?
 
aldy402 said:
Im looking to buy this PSU, I read some reviews and it states that the modular cables are already sleaved but when I look at the product pic at NEWEGG, it shows non-sleeved regular modular cables.

also

one of the NEWEGG reviewers also stated his cables were already sleeved when he received his NEOPOWER, did ANTEC release a new revision that provided the customer with sleeved modular cables?

oh and hows the noise on this case during doom 3?

Yes there are both versions floating around. Even if you don't get a sleeved model sleeving a modular PSU is cake.

Noise? It is fairly quiet: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article177-page1.html
 
I have the 480. Mine came sleeveless. I ended up sleeving myself. If you want sleeved, I'd recommend frozencpu.

As far as Doom3 and noise.. It's non-existant. I have so many other fans in my case, the PSU hardly makes a peep.
 
I have 6 fans total, this including. The only two I hear are the GPU fan, and the northbridge fan. The rest is silent.
 
I have one, Its none sleeved.. Its quiet though. and gets the job done.. :D
 
Back
Top