Antec Kuhler H2O 1250 CPU AIO Water Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Antec Kuhler H2O 1250 CPU AIO Water Cooler Review - Antec and its All-In-One sealed system CPU coolers have been around for a good while now. We still have some of its first series working well here in the HardOCP offices. Today we have Antec's newly designed high end Kuhler model 1250. It has some unique offerings all based on new cold plates and big double fan radiator.

Biggest red flag on this is the fans and what happens if one goes out. I guess since the pumps run the fan it's ok in a way, but I would like to be able to replace it without having to replace the entire unit.. Will it operate in a crippled state with only one fan? After my original H100's pump died it scared the crap out of me, but it was fine in the end as the mobo shutdown the PC really fast. Plus Corsair had me a new upgraded H100i within 2 days for free. :)

Last edited:
Fixed. Thanks for the extra eyes. Kyle

Otherwise, I like this product. Not bad for ~$100.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually go for the single fan radiator of these AIO's. Those bigger rads are terribly tough, even with Corsairs magnetic strips helping you, it is still a PITA to install.

Back in the dim days for AMD XP's I made a water cooled system, even had fluorescent green dye in it and a 5 1/4 water reservoir.

Looked uber cool with a black light kit. But, my water pump failed (kept running, just not pushing water) and alias partially fried my AMD XP, burned the cache out.

It would work with cache, lol man was that slow.

Anyway Air cooling had gotten better an quieter, and I havn't been back to water, but this looks promising.

To do it right though, needs to connect to the GPU as well.

With regard to the cold plate flatness, it would be interesting to see if you just got a bad sample or if they're all like that.
If a sample that was flat could be found, it would also be interesting to see if there was a significant performance difference between the 2 samples.

From the Grammar Nazi department, 2nd page, under "Contents & Flatness:
The sentence should read: The base of the Kuhler 1250 is anything but flat.

Does anyone know how well this cooler would work on an AMD 8320 cpu. Been trying to find someplace that gives me temps with an amd cpu to see which is the better option to go with.

With regard to the cold plate flatness, it would be interesting to see if you just got a bad sample or if they're all like that.
If a sample that was flat could be found, it would also be interesting to see if there was a significant performance difference between the 2 samples.

Well you'd think Antec would have cherry-picked a better-than-average sample to send out for review purposes, so will the retail channel units actually be worse?

Back