Antec Kuhler 920 vs H70?

Tephnos

Limp Gawd
I recently read about the 920, and from what I'm reading it's apparently better than the H70 by a number of degrees, but getting a hold of user opinions hasn't been all too great, they seem pretty scare. Does anyone here own it or know enough about both coolers to inform me properly? :p

One thing that concerns me about the 920 is the rubber tubing. It just seems so much less 'secure' than the metal binded H70 tubing. Thoughts?

The 920 is effectively an improved version of the H70, so I would think it's better. As far as the tubing goes, I'd prefer rubber tubing to plastic tubing any day. It's far more flexible and probably more durable as well.

I recently read about the 920, and from what I'm reading it's apparently better than the H70 by a number of degrees, but getting a hold of user opinions hasn't been all too great, they seem pretty scare. Does anyone here own it or know enough about both coolers to inform me properly? :p

One thing that concerns me about the 920 is the rubber tubing. It just seems so much less 'secure' than the metal binded H70 tubing. Thoughts?

A lot of testing was done on the tubing to make sure it lasts just as long as the corrugated solution of previous products. We have full confidence in the 50,000hr MTBF.

A lot of testing was done on the tubing to make sure it lasts just as long as the corrugated solution of previous products. We have full confidence in the 50,000hr MTBF.

Hi Jessie, thanks for getting to me on that.

One more thing: I know it's extremely rare, but in the few cases where the H50/70 has leaked inside a computer and completely destroyed a few components, Corsair has personally replaced every damaged component.

That is one thing that keeps me attracted to the Corsair. Are Antec as confident in their product that they would do the same in the event of a leak?

(Also, it seems your rubber tubing attracted the attention of Corsair, since in the leaked H100 picture they have switched to the same rubber like tubing)

Hi Jessie, thanks for getting to me on that.

One more thing: I know it's extremely rare, but in the few cases where the H50/70 has leaked inside a computer and completely destroyed a few components, Corsair has personally replaced every damaged component.

That is one thing that keeps me attracted to the Corsair. Are Antec as confident in their product that they would do the same in the event of a leak?

(Also, it seems your rubber tubing attracted the attention of Corsair, since in the leaked H100 picture they have switched to the same rubber like tubing)

Absolutely. We have no intention of leaving a customer out in the cold if one of our products (this goes for liquid cooling and PSUs) is responsible for the failure of other system components. This would fall under warranty service.

We have full confidence in the 50,000hr MTBF.
You are aware that the MTBF is pretty meaningless, right? Not that I'm saying this thing is prone to failure, but the MTBF is not representative of the actual lifetime of a product.
I have a feeling the rubber tubing was Asetek's idea rather than Antec's, but in any case, better tubing is something that people have been asking for ever since the H50 first came out, so it's not surprising that the change would be made with Corsair's offerings as well.

You are aware that the MTBF is pretty meaningless, right? Not that I'm saying this thing is prone to failure, but the MTBF is not representative of the actual lifetime of a product.

true, but thats why it's the mean time between failure. in the enterprise storage world I've seen drives fail the week they went in and others last the 5 year lifecycle of a storage array before it got pushed out the door still fully functional. In a 24x7x365 datacenter environment I've seen a lot happen, and vendors do try to make their MTBF as accurate as they can as the same failure rate data likely plays a role in determining warranty period. After all, it's more profitable for them when as few RMA's are needed as possible :)

That said, I just bought the H70 myself this week, but will likely try the Kuhler 920 on my next rig. It was a real toss-up between them for me, performance data very similar, both rock solid companies that I respect greatly, both companies I've seen pony up for their customers when something bad happened, in the end the place I ordered from didnt have the Kuhler 920 in stock when I placed my order so that sealed the deal for me.

I'd like to see [H] review one of these. I saw a review on another site and it performed ~3C better than the H70 but I'm familiar with [H]'s methods and I trust them so I'd like to see what they come up with.

Back