Antec is on a roll: P150

that was the one complaint I had about the p180...

It did not come with the one fan that was non-standard sized. the thin profile 80mm you need for the side vent.

I do not know where to get 92mm fans... I wanted this case too for a 2nd build.

u dont kno where to find 92mm fans? it takes 5 seconds to goto froggle.com and search "92mm fan"

sigh... I should have said "I don't know where to find them offline"

actually... if I am desperate I will drive down to directron(.com) since it is in my city. They would have the less standard things that frys doesn't.

Topweasel said:
They Already have a Aluminum Case like this its called the P160, I have it is great. It even has the removable mobo tray. The Problem is the P180 is a basically a revolutionary design in the sub $200 category and its design is meant as a noise reducing case with supreme cooling options. This is supossed to be the P180 with a normal case design. The fact that it has a cable hiding system in the back and has the suspention system is even cooler. The problem is an All aluminum case can't really be anywhere as silent as theses because the lower frame wieght (no matterial you use) means the its more flexible, if its flexible it resonates with the noise form the fans and HDDs amplifing the noise.

So while I agree I hope Antec Makes more Aluminum Lifestyle cases then just the P160, it won't be for a silent machine but because I think this line is shaping up wonderfully and would like to se where they wold go with another Aluminum case.
yes i kno they hav the P160 but thats juss one case and its kinda big, not to metion its removable tray isnt lik most removable trays found on CM's and Lian Li's and a variety of cases with those features would be great and if a case as small as a P150 had a removable mobo tray, it would make it alot easier to install a mobo and such in cramped place

I think that looks really slick. Some of us want a simple case :p I am kinda tired of windows and all that mess. Just a basic clean case, and I am starting to hate my Alum case, makes too much racket when all my fans kick up to full speed.

Now to find me one.....

Spaceninja said:
I think that looks really slick. Some of us want a simple case :p I am kinda tired of windows and all that mess. Just a basic clean case, and I am starting to hate my Alum case, makes too much racket when all my fans kick up to full speed.

Now to find me one.....
wat kinda case do you hav?

what good are these quiet cases if they look fugly and have decent cooling at best?

ralfyboy said:
what good are these quiet cases if they look fugly and have decent cooling at best?

the 150 isn't really fugly, it just looks that way in the pics. wait till somebody puts up some pics of it in the wild, I guarantee it'll look better than what we've seen.

...and if you think you can only get decent cooling in a p180, then aircooling is never going to satisfy you.

It comes with a NEO HE 430w PSU, so expect the retail price to be around 99.99-119.99$ upon launch.

Dillusion said:
It comes with a NEO HE 430w PSU, so expect the retail price to be around 99.99-119.99$ upon launch.
pretty good deal if u ask me.....u can prolly get it at frys on sale for like $70ish after rebates wen they stock it ;)

I love how this case looks. It's white/silver, NOT beige. I'm pretty sure it has mounts for 2x 80mm intake fans, look at the pdf. It seems they draw air from the vents in the sides of the bezel although I'm not sure how effective it is. I can see a modder cutting a hole in the bezel and putting some mesh there, if they do it right the case will still look nice and cool as well as anything. Antec's been doing it right lately IMO, cases and power supplies. Now just to get them to use a removeable mobo tray.

ralfyboy said:

If you could show me a quieter retail case with better air cooling, I'd be interested.

I'm looking to build a new system and after reading the SPCR article, this case is at the top of my list. I don't want windows. I don't want bling. White, while not my first choice, is a nice departure from the standard beige or black.

Some of you people need to go back to grade school and learn to read. A lot of misinformation in this thread.

The case isn't for everyone, but I like the silencing features and overall design. Lots of extras that Antec included in this case.

its white not beige.....

silver and white.. looks clean IMO, im jsut saf to see antec move from 1.0mm Steel cases.. There so strong, I love them for LAN boxes...

_Korruption_ said:
IA lot of people say the P180 looks like a fridge...

It feels like one too. This thing is cold enough I could put my beer in here! Modding time!

the reason why i chose the p180 is cuz it was cut into two sections for better cooling and its aluminum plastic covers but this case looks the same as any $50 case :(

xdkimx said:
the reason why i chose the p180 is cuz it was cut into two sections for better cooling and its aluminum plastic covers but this case looks the same as any $50 case :(

read the review, read the attention to detail Antec has, and note that this includes a quality PSU unlike any other $50 case you'll find.

racism at it's finest:
P150_white.jpg

P150_black.jpg

0mega said:
arggggggggg i though we were out of the beige phase... IMO that case is fugly... too plain... its got no style, reminds me of an ipod...

are u saying the ipod has no style?!?!?!?!

my god :rolleyes:

Calis said:

As of now, the ipod has no style, it's an overplayed style of mac bubbly-crapness.

Some people must be colour blind, white != beige... obviously... :rolleyes:
And there's no black P150, that's just funny LOL :D

Calis said:

IMHO, the ipod has little to no style.

What it does have is great ergonomics.

When every other wannabe coolio on the subway has an ipod, and uses those very low quality white apple earbuds, you know style has left the building.

It would look good in a light gray color. And I think it looks a thousand times better than the P180. Simple designs are always better to my eyes. I prefer bland case to fart-can case.

I think the case is very clean, simple and nice. IMHO With all these premod peice of crap cases out there it is refreshing to see a case that does have stupid peices of plastic jutting out all over the place that serve no purpose. This case would be a great base for some nice clean mods.

jbaczek said:
racism at it's finest:
P150_white.jpg

P150_black.jpg

Ohhh man, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at that... :D

If that was true Antec would probably be put out of business by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the NAACP.

Yashu said:
wow that case is better looking then the p180!

oh well... I'm happy with the p180.
Really? I don't think so. I'm a fan of rather plain-looking sleeper cases, but this one is just too bland for me. Doesn't look so revolutionary, especially since the pictures don't really expound on the whole "suspended" harddrive feature.

Back