• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec High Current Pro 1200W PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
For those of you in the market for a high end PSU, PC Perspective has published a review today of the Antec High Current Pro 1200W power supply. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation from last year right here.

Antec continues to raise the bar with the introduction of their new High Current Pro series power supplies. The HCP-1200 has excellent voltage regulation, very clean DC outputs, and operates very efficiently and quietly. Antec includes a good compliment of both fixed and modular cables/connectors and backs the HCP-1200 with a 5-year warranty. If you are looking for a high-quality, high-output PSU, this one will be hard to beat. Highly recommended.
 
If some folks don't mind, humour me and describe a setup that would exceed a megawatt in power draw. I still find it hard to believe my setup has trouble breaking 200 watts and that measurement includes the screen. Curious at what it would take...
 
If some folks don't mind, humour me and describe a setup that would exceed a megawatt in power draw. I still find it hard to believe my setup has trouble breaking 200 watts and that measurement includes the screen. Curious at what it would take...

megawatt...or kilowatt? I would think you would need an entire server room with several dozen servers to even approach a fraction of a megawatt...

If you mean kilowatt....how about tri-sli GTX 480, heavily overclocked i7 980X and a TEC cooler.
 
If some folks don't mind, humour me and describe a setup that would exceed a megawatt in power draw.
deloreans.jpg
 
megawatt...or kilowatt? I would think you would need an entire server room with several dozen servers to even approach a fraction of a megawatt...

*sigh* I know I'd wake up from my nap to regret posting something when I was feeling a little sleepy. Yes. I mean Kilowatt.

If you mean kilowatt....how about tri-sli GTX 480, heavily overclocked i7 980X and a TEC cooler.

You'd think maybe after some point, a tri SLI setup would become idle and not burn up as much power (each card) as a single fully loaded one...
 
You'd think maybe after some point, a tri SLI setup would become idle and not burn up as much power (each card) as a single fully loaded one...
Obviously it doesn't require that much power on a continuous basis; only when it is loaded.
 
To give you an idea, we had it pegged at 1187 watts at CES. We were running two GTX 580's and two Core i7 980x processors in two separate machines and both were running NVIDIA's Endless City tech demo.

Both machines were running at stock speeds.
 
I own this PSU. It makes me feel like a champ. Nothing will hold me from going SLI again for the next 5 years.
 
Back
Top