Antec HCP-1200 Engineering Sample

ive had so many issues with antec psu's over the yrs so sad love the cases but the psu just S U C K

Reactions: erek
like this
ive had so many issues with antec psu's over the yrs so sad love the cases but the psu just S U C K

I can agree 100% on that. I had a True Power II 430 back in the days of the early PIV or Athlon 64's That power supply only lasted 6 months of normal (no gaming just internet browsing and office programs). I now call them False Power (for the True Power Series) or Dirt Power (for the Earth Power series)

Yeah Antec got bit bad by the capacitor plague. Everything they released during that time period was guaranteed to die eventually. I had 4 antecs die on me, but my earlier ones are still going strong.

Reactions: erek
like this
In the late '90s their PSUs were good enough to be a bonus when you bought one of their cases. Then the plague hit... I still remember the power supply that came with my Sonata (II?) working dutifully for years until the day it died so dramatically it tripped the breaker in the middle of a Left 4 Dead match. Miraculously nothing was damaged and no magic smoke was released, but I don't even think "close call" comes close to describing that. Years later I had an EarthWatts 380D that was fine, but I waited a very long time before considering them again...

Back