• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Earthwatts hissing

Avengeance

Gawd
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
773
Anyone ever hear of this hiss? I am guessing something is going out on it unless its just the coils hissing. Should I replace it? I dont even know if its still under warranty. What do you all think?
 
It is actually pretty common on some older Antec models. It might be the coil, but unless it came that way new the units I have heard with this problem always had failing capacitors. You should probably look towards replacing it sooner or later.
 
I have a 380W Earthwatts that is about 2-3 years old now and I have had no such problem. How old is the thing?
 
I have an EA380 too and I don't have those problems. Which Earthwatts do you have?
 
I have the 500 I think. I will have to check. I just recently replaced my mobo, processor, vid card and ram. It was hissing worse before this but now it hisses less and ONLY in games. So its load dependent. I used to have a core 2 with a 8800GT but now I have a X4 945 and a 5870 vid card. Not sure which uses more power.
 
I'm pretty sure the system with 2x more cores and twice the GPU power uses more power.
 
Back
Top