Antec Earthwatts EA380 380W Power Supply - $5 After Rebate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed the original link. I just copied the one from dealsea. Now with 1/3 less affiliate linkage. :p

This is a smoking deal. Damn, too bad it's OOS, I would have liked to order one as a spare, these things are super handy... and for only 5 bucks, darn.

Consider the amount of money that thing can save me. My server runs 24/7 and according to the review on newegg a guys server 24/7 dropped from 90W to 65W, that is 25W saving. This thing will be free in a month for me. :D

I got this a while back for 29.99 free shipping... this is a sweet deal on a sweet PSU. I use it on my older dualcore AMD box I keep running 24/7.... to bad its OOS.

Sorry, but I'll pass...
Theres another thread w/ a 500w for $5.
380 is a little low for new computers :)

You miss the point of this PSU. It's not designed for, or even capable of, running an 8800GT SLI setup. Its purpose is to run a 24/7 computer, say for web browsing, with the lowest possible power consumption (and noise).

Sorry, but I'll pass...
Theres another thread w/ a 500w for $5.
380 is a little low for new computers :)

A little low for new computers? I doubt it...I'm running the PC in my sig on an EarthWatts 380 with no problem at all. :D Unless you're running SLI or RAID, this 380 should handle whatever you throw at it.

Ax

A little low for new computers? I doubt it...I'm running the PC in my sig on an EarthWatts 380 with no problem at all. Unless you're running SLI or RAID, this 380 should handle whatever you throw at it.

Ax

Good to know, your rig sounds exactly like a build I am planning. Just picked one of these up last night (for a family build), but I think it was ~$20 AR then.

Anyone know where I can find a link to that rebate? Should have saved it when I had the chance.

Good to know, your rig sounds exactly like a build I am planning. Just picked one of these up last night (for a family build), but I think it was ~$20 AR then.

Anyone know where I can find a link to that rebate? Should have saved it when I had the chance.

I just double checked my box at home, and I've got a 430 watt Earthwatts instead of the 380. The 380 should still do you well though, as my son's uses a 380 watt with a 7800 gt oc AGP card.

Yup.. just got the auto-notification email 14 minutes ago.. ordered mine 10 minutes ago.

And thanks for posting the rebate form here. It's still valid!

I ordered one yesterday, so thanks for the instock notice and pdf hosting.

I think I'll use it in my build of old components, I was going to use the 450w Antec Smartpower 2.0, but when it was in my main computer, I had a lot of problems that went away when I switched to the Corsair (I only had the 7900 at the time).

Think it'll handle...?
Pentium D 2.8ghz
2x512 DDR2 667
7800GT
SB Audigy
1 SATA HDD
1 SATA DVD Burner

It'll come my new non gaming PC, bought the MB, CPU, and video card for $50 from a friend. It's replacing my Pentium 4, MB limited to rdram, and Geforce 4.

More than enough. It's bottom line is that the PSU is 380W 27A across the +12v rails and certified >80%. It's a great PSU for a modest system.

Holy thread rez!!!

Anyone get the rebate on this yet? I know I am supposed to wait up to 12 weeks and the rebate status says they have it. Suggestions?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mod Edit - Here's a suggestion - don't bump old threads unless there's a very good reason to do so (highly unlikely). Instead, start a new thread in the appropriate forum, which in this case would be "Power Supplies" - BlindedByScience

sorry about that. Not sure how to get this moved to the discussion area.

I called. Told me they would send it next Wednesday. I really hope this gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back