• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec EarthWatts 380W issues...

Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1
Okay, I bought a Antec NSK4480B Chassis to get my Asus A7N8X-VM/400 Motherboard out of the Microtower case, and because it only carried a 250W no-name power supply in it that was failing. Anyways, I did what it said to do for a 20-pin MB and disconnected the 4-pin add on for the 24-pin MB's and set it aside because there is no where to put it on my Board. But now, if I shut down my computer, it will not start back up unless I flip the hard switch in the back and let it sit with no power til the internal battery drains out, and CMOS clears, or if I clear out CMOS, then I can turn it right back on. That can't be good for a computer, NE thoughts? Is it bad PSU? Do I need to rewire it to conform to my older style MB?I think My MB needs the +5v rail that most newer PSU's all but delete, and there is one of the pins for the MB in the 4-pin connector, and the normal power pin is only ment to run the CPU. If this is the case, I've seen 24-pin to 20-pin connectors, should I get one of them? Need answers asap, Thanx in Advance.
 
Back
Top