Antec Earthwatts 350

foozy

Limp Gawd
Can it run a 6850 with a FX 4100, 8 GBs of ram all on stock settings?

Dual rails with 18 amps a piece. I would need to get another 6 pin power connector though. I'm thinking the whole system would do around 300 watts? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Yes, have no fear of the mentioned psu. It should handle those specs with ease. Now go out and get to gaming!

How far do you think I can push this earthwatt. A 7950 should be able to do it as well then correct?

Yes, but you'll be very tight. You'll likely be pulling about 325 watts at peak load, and that PSU puts out 330w on the 12v rail. I wouldn't push it that hard.

I've also got an earthwatt 500 the one made by delta. dual 12v rails @ 22amps. should be fine for that?

I would think so, but I don't see any reviews for that unit. Deltas are typically pretty good though.

If you have the EA500 and planning on a HD7950, use it instead. The 350 would be ok, but you'd probably hear the fan working hard.

Anyone know if the PSU intelligently splits up the components across dual rails or are certain outputs (ie. mobo connector, PCI-e connector) connected to its own rail?

edit: My educated guess is the latter because I always see reviewers recommending single rail designs.

Typically the rails are split among outputs. They do not change depending on load.

Some PSUs are virtual rails though, and truly only have one 12v rail.

So basically, do some research on the unit you'd like and figure out if its power capacity is proper for your application.

Typically the rails are split among outputs. They do not change depending on load.

Some PSUs are virtual rails though, and truly only have one 12v rail.

So basically, do some research on the unit you'd like and figure out if its power capacity is proper for your application.

Thanks, I didn't know there were "virtual" rails

Back