• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Antec DF-85, external ssd slot mod?

jonny4

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
105
I have recently purchased the Antec DF-85 and am looking at an ssd drive. I was informed that the drive bay is only sata 2 3gb. What makes a connection 3gb would it be just the cable or just the connection? If it is just the cable then would it be possible to replace the cable or is it the drive connection in the swap bay? My motherboard supports sata 3 6gb. So what do you guys think?
 
does the connection have some kind of PCB on it as well?

if it does, just remove it and put a straight run cable from your sata3to it if you can.
 
Yeah it does because it is a hot swap bay, so would have to get a new pcb. that is what i need was some questions asked. thanks. I wonder how hard it would be to find a new pcb, maybe pull one from and external sata 3 case.
 
I am reading more and more info and it seems all that matters is your controller and cable, the pcb's are the same. I hope if I just change the cable connected to the pcb it will work at 6gb, I will report back if it is successful.
 
Well, it doesn't seem to work. I tried switching out the cable, I guess the pcb does matter.
 
Back
Top