Antec Aria PSU replacements?

YmkFX

Limp Gawd
I have an Antec Aria with a dead power supply, and I'd really like to avoid spending 3/4th's the cost of the case to get a replacement from Antec. Are there any mATX power supplies out there that might fit in this case? Or perhaps anyone knows of any mods that can be done to fit ATX power supplies in the case. I of course want it to remain portable and not too hideous looking if that is the situation.

If I had known this power supply was specially designed for this case I probably would not have bought it in the first place but I really want to get my system back up and running as soon as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Why don't you put in an RMA with Antec or whoever you bought it?

Are you handy with a soldering iron?

I'm actually missing all of the packaging, and I don't think they'd like the fan hole I put in the side of their case.

Exactly! They don't care about the packaging and there is a separate "Warranty void if removed" sticker on the power supply for a reason, right? Just say your system is already installed in it and you don't want to take it out (which is true). 4 screws on the back and pluck out the 3 power connectors (white=top left, black=top right, green=bottom). Do yourself a favor and put in an RMA. The PSU is not supposed to die on you.

Again, if you know how to solder I have other options for you...

Antec's support is not getting me anywhere, could you PM with info on this soldering option?

And please, if anyone knows if a regular mATX power supply will fit in this case, or of any other options I have before dropping the cost of the case itself on a replacement from Antec, then help me out.

1. Buy a new ARIA, use the power supply from it while you wait for an RMA and if the guys at Antec happen to require you to send the whole case, stick the dead one in it and send it to them.

2. Well I have a spare ARIA PSU that I would sell for $20 + shipping. HOWEVER, the 3-wire power connector was removed, so you would need to unsolder the connector from your PSU and solder it onto the new one. I don't have alot of experience with soldering, but this was a snap.

3. Buy this, drill some holes to mount it and drill a hole in the top of your case for the power plug. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159046

4. No ATX PSU is going to fit in your case without modding, but it can be done. You can either take a standard PSU and have someone create a custom housing (someone recommended a bike shop for metalwork), buy one yourself or use the existing housing and pound/saw/drill it until it works. It is a severe PITA and not worth it unless you really want to overclock and use an ARIA at the same time. There weren't any other options for cases when I bought my ARIA, so this is what I did. If you want more details, I can give them.

Back