I got hold of an Aria to stick a MATX 939 board into (A8V-VM. Laugh, go ahead... Deltachrome actually didn't turn out too bad for the HTPC use). It seemed to tick all the right boxes. Built it up, switched it on, and it's all quite nice and quiet. I'm thinking 'Yay! Success!". Then left it on for an hour while running some HTPC stuff.
Gents, I came back to a jet engine. This PSU is crap.
There's a 3000+, the A8V-VM, 1Gb of RAM, 400Gb SATA Barracuda, a Liteon DVD-RW and a Hauppauge tuner. OK, so it might be a decent load for the PSU but jeez, it's louder than many $20 PSU's I've seen in cheapo cases I've bought.
Is ther anything I can do about the PSU or replace it with something a whole lot quieter?
Gents, I came back to a jet engine. This PSU is crap.
There's a 3000+, the A8V-VM, 1Gb of RAM, 400Gb SATA Barracuda, a Liteon DVD-RW and a Hauppauge tuner. OK, so it might be a decent load for the PSU but jeez, it's louder than many $20 PSU's I've seen in cheapo cases I've bought.
Is ther anything I can do about the PSU or replace it with something a whole lot quieter?