Antec 900w issue

Beefcake

Weaksauce
Good day

Im having a problem with my system i built it recently Specs are 2x 7950 boost edition oc these are on a 7970 pcb and draw the same power 8350 crosshair v formula z, 2 1.5tbs, ocz vertex 3 120gb, fan controller dvd rom a couple lights. It worked great for about 2 days or so then on the third i was playing fary cry 3 and i quit the game after quiting the game about 5 minutes later the machine shut down at idle on its own and would not start back i then disconnected the psu from the board and bridged the green and black wires on the psu it started backup i then reconnected the psu to the motherboard everything powered on as normal after about 3 minutes it shut off again and would continually do that i beleive it is the psu not having enough power to push the pc but i would like some advice

Thank you

Check the voltages from the PSU with a "multimeter" to do some basic tests.
At idle they should hardly change at all and should be within ATX spec (+/-5%).
Under load there may be a small change in voltage, but it shouldnt be large and again should be within ATX spec.

It appears it was the psu i borrowed an ax850 from a friend hooked it up and everything is running perfectly

Back