Antec 900 side fan recommendations

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
Hi guy, I need help on choosing a side fan for my Antec 900. I will use this side fan to cool 2 8800GT's 1-slot in SLi, meaning the fan will also be the exhuast fan.

For the whole comp, I am thinking of setting up the fans liek this, I want feedback as well as recommendations. I also want to know if I really need 1/2 internal bay fans for the HD and CPU HSF.

2 - front fans set to med
1 - top fan set to low/med
1 - back fan set to low
1 - side fan set to med
????? 2 - internal bay fans set to med ?????
 
You're going to get a million different suggestions.
My personal experience is that the Scythe SlipStreams move a large amount of air without making much noise. They're low pressure; not good for heatsink cooling. But for case fans then they should work well.

The 1200 RPM model is all you need.
 
try my setup...
top-high
front and rear on low
no internal 120mm fans and no sidefan

i get cpu temps in the low 20s idle and less than 50 under load
 
He wants the side fan to help cool his SLI setup, not his cpu.
try my setup...
top-high
front and rear on low
no internal 120mm fans and no sidefan

i get cpu temps in the low 20s idle and less than 50 under load
 
You're going to get a million different suggestions.
My personal experience is that the Scythe SlipStreams move a large amount of air without making much noise. They're low pressure; not good for heatsink cooling. But for case fans then they should work well.

The 1200 RPM model is all you need.

QFT. The 1200 RPM model is exceptionally quiet and still pushes a lot of air @ 1200 RPM.
 
Back
Top