• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec 900 front panel audio noise

Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
702
I have my x-fi xtreme gamer hooked up to my antec 900's front panel.

When I plug in any set of the 3 headphones I own, I get: intermittant, distorted squeaks about every 3 seconds; buzzes that accompany every sound outputted to my headphones; and I hear popping every time I use my mouse's scroll wheel.

My motherboard is 100% compatible with the x-fi since it's an intel 965 chipset. I also don't get any problems while my equipment is plugged directly into the card.

What can I do to fix these sound artifacts?
 
Do you have the same problems when you hockup the Headphones at the back of the soundcard ??

Is the front audio wired to the soundcard ??? (that sounds like the problem ...)
 
you're most likely hearing electrical interference. the wire that hooks up your antec 900's audio jack to your soundcard probably isn't shielded and is picking up electrical interference from your mobo

this happens with my enermax uber chakra's headphone jack. i'm pretty sure it's from electrical interference. i'm not sure how you can properly shield the wire.
 
I have this issue also with a P182, as well as a 900. I called Antec and they were no help. I ended up just getting a USB headset, where there is no interference.
 
Whenever you use front-panel audio jacks, you always introduce another element in the mix that can screw up your signal path. It doesn't matter how nice your case is (Antec 900 is a great case btw), you always risk introducing noise to your clean audio signal. It's good practice to NOT use front panel jacks in general. Convenience is no price to pay for a good sounding setup, IMO.
 
i had a 900 3 years ago. i tried that. didnt work. finally got it to work by cutting the ground on teh HD audio itself. but then i lost jack detection.
 
Whenever you use front-panel audio jacks, you always introduce another element in the mix that can screw up your signal path. It doesn't matter how nice your case is (Antec 900 is a great case btw), you always risk introducing noise to your clean audio signal. It's good practice to NOT use front panel jacks in general. Convenience is no price to pay for a good sounding setup, IMO.

no, its because 97.5% of case makers use cheap shit in their FP. even on $200 cases.
 
Back
Top