• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec 550W TrueControl & Product Support

pumpkinlad

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2001
Messages
1,194
While relating to PSUs, this kinda deals with one in particular: Antec 550W TrueControl.

You see, this PSU, as I am sure everyone knows, comes with the front panel that you use to adjust your voltages and with it is a tiny plastic screwdriver. Well, mine broke after like two uses inside the 3.3V adjuster and I sent an e-mail to Antec about replacing it in which I said:


I recently purchased an Antec TrueControl 550 PSU from an online retailer about 4 months ago and yesterday while trying to adjust the voltages on the front panel control, the tip of the screwdriver broke off inside the 3.3V adjuster.

Is there a way to obtain a new screwdriver? Thanks!

To which Antec quickly responded:


Sorry no!

Also, before anyone says anything: Yes, I know I can adjust the voltages with a real screwdriver and I don't need the one that came with it, but if I resell the PSU, I would like to have and I am sure the other person would. Plus, after two uses, it should not have broken, so maybe they need to start supplying a metal one.

There have been other instances of this happening that I have seen as well on forums as well as this review:

http://www.modding.net/review.asp?ReviewID=117&PageNo=1

So I guess my question is first, has everyone ever had this happen to them with this PSU and have you gotten the screwdriver replaced? Second, have you ever gotten support from Antec before and have you been happy with them?

I am seriously considering selling the PSUs and moving on to a better company because if you can't replace or service a tiny screwdriver, what happens if my PSU goes on the fritz?
 
I don't think having a plastic screwdriver will affect your resale value.

Does your screwdriver have a warranty? If so, did you void it by misuse of the product? If not, you may have a point. In my view, it's not something to get angry about.

Maybe I'm just not as demanding a consumer as you. :p
 
Jonsey said:
I don't think having a plastic screwdriver will affect your resale value.

Does your screwdriver have a warranty? If so, did you void it by misuse of the product? If not, you may have a point. In my view, it's not something to get angry about.

Maybe I'm just not as demanding a consumer as you. :p

I would think the whole product would be under warranty and I didn't misuse it, I put it in the adjuster turned it and it broke.

I am just a bit angry at the fact that all I got was a "Sorry no" and that they aren't willing to replace a $1 plastic screwdriver or realize this is a problem and make them metal.

Time to send another e-mail I think.

:p
 
pumpkinlad said:
I would think the whole product would be under warranty and I didn't misuse it, I put it in the adjuster turned it and it broke.

I am just a bit angry at the fact that all I got was a "Sorry no" and that they aren't willing to replace a $1 plastic screwdriver or realize this is a problem and make them metal.

Time to send another e-mail I think.

:p

I can see your point. I guess I just have better things to do than fight a company over a $1 part. Good luck to you in getting it though.
 
Back
Top