• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec 350 dies

ray4389

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,156
Well today I was running some benchies and optimizations and under the load I froze the comp. I gave it 30min to come back but didn't
I turned the PSU off...turned back on....press the power on button for comp and nothing..

WTF!!

I get out a crappy 250watt from closet. Plug in the 20pin mobo connecter and press power button and startup begins.

Therefore Antec dead.

crappy 250watt will not run my system in my sig.

I'm stuck on my laptop now...

Even though it is faster than my desktop..

But I just reformatted my laptop like a while ago so I have none of files on it...

*sigh*

And did I mention I'm broke?
 
I wanna cry...

I *might* be able to play some CS:S on my laptop...

Yes I should...integrated 9600

AMD 3200+ 64 512mb ram...


Hmmm I'll live

At least I can play UT2004

No BF2 though...
 
I just now got rid of the antec 350 in my case, and slapped this nice Fortron FSP 530 in there. The antec did ok, but I never was comfortable with it.

I guess this is more reinforcement to not use it. My 2800+ a64 is all snuggly and powered up with that 530 watts of [H]ardness. I honestly think it powered on faster with more wattage.

OK, on topic, there is hope for you. First, have you harassed antec about a replacement? If it's under warranty, then this is just unacceptible, they should send you a replacement. Well, hopefully you didn't mod the PSU. :eek:

If that doesn't work out, then check the [H]ard|Forum's For Sale and For Trade forum, there are tons of good deals in there. You might even be lucky enough to pick up the FSP 530 for 60 bucks. If you have the money, I recommend getting a 24 pin psu, though, in case you upgrade your Athlon to a 939pin NForce 4 solution.

 
the smart powers were only average PSUs anyway.. get a truepower or better for a new one.. i have a 380 watter in my old p3 machine, and it works great.
 
under warranty but not worth doing anythign about it unless i throw it into another system cause i need a better one anyways...

going to crap usa to pay crazy prices on a new one...maybe
 
I got an Antec Trupower 430watt. $90 at CrapUSA
I gotta repay my mom.

*sigh*

Anyways I'm hoping it will let me run my vcore at 1.65 without crashing cause I had it at 1.75 to keep it stable at non-oced speeds.

And hopefuly it will put out enough power for my 6800nu...

My other would crash mid game.
 
ray4389 said:
I got an Antec Trupower 430watt. $90 at CrapUSA
I gotta repay my mom.

*sigh*

Anyways I'm hoping it will let me run my vcore at 1.65 without crashing cause I had it at 1.75 to keep it stable at non-oced speeds.

And hopefuly it will put out enough power for my 6800nu...

My other would crash mid game.


this freaking better be a truepower-2........ bestbuy had instore when I checked a 430watt truepower-2 for like 79 bucks... 17amps 12v rail times 2!! :)


I paid 90 bucks too hehe for my 550watt antec trurpower-2 :) :p
 
i got an extra 430 watt sitting around.... ygpm. Ill give it to you for 1/3 the price you paid for the other power supply
 
It was liek $79 but wiht tax it was $90

But yea I got a trupower 430 ATX12v
 
oh shit

I was watching a music video and I realixed WTF! It's artifacted. Well I then realize in games its ok..

IT artifacts and gives weird colors in:
1.Videos
2.BIOS

I ran 3dmark and it runs fine..

WTF??
 
color correction in nvidia control panel.....


color profile=advance mode


apply color changes to ALL.
 
I went to the Windows Media Player10 and went to performance and set it form full acceleration to liek 50% and it's fine now...it only does that in fulla cceleration. I played cs:s for at least 1 hour if not 2hours and no artifacts at all.
 
well hope this is not hijacking, but it does have to do with the smart 350w psu's. Question is are they actually bad psu's, cause i just my got my 350 thing aint going im trying everything but getting no results
Sorry if this was hijacking
 
Umm....they are the non-enthusist ones...and way over priced IMO.
I just need a PSU at the time and got that. But yea....

Anyways I'm not sure what could be worng with yours. As long as you got the power connected it *should* work.

But for more questions start a new thread please.

Just check fo rstupid mistakes. :p
 
Well i may have done something to my mobo so for now the smartpower is out of trouble, cause i hooked up my rocking $15 rosewill 300w and the mobo didnt boot even then so a new mobo may be in order crap.
 
if i pay shipping can you send it to me? I would like to examine it, I am a very strong believer in antec products and if i can find a way to prevent similair instances with me that would be great.
 
errr i don't know.

My parents are really paranoid with the internet. Not me but they are.
I'm 16 so maybe thats why?
W/e... but I think I'm going to RMA it and put it int he server I'm building.

It's part old compaq and will be part my comp when I upgrade to 64bit.
 
well.. for me I stand by the antec smartpower.... I have one that is in my download rig now.. and used to be in my main rig.... a64 6800ultra 1 gig ram..and it worked just fine..and yes... rails weren't that great.... but 11.78 under full load isn't too bad and is in spec anyways ..although my new antec truepower 2 550watt totally kills it..... rails @ 12.10 and never moves....but smartpowers aren't that bad, but something better can be had for a similar price.
 
Yea...

Smart Powers aren't bad but not up to par with slightly more expensive PSUs
 
If it's an older version with a +12V rail rated for less than 21A, then it may simply have bad filter capacitors on the low voltage side because late last year, my older 300W (+12V rated only 16A) started to develop some bulging caps, even though it had been putting out only 60W.
 
Back
Top