• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec 300 (red and black)

Carlitos714

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
1,028
Whats up guys this is my first work log. This computer is already up and running there are still a few things I need to add like red led fans and uv lights.

I found out a few months back my step son (age 13) was going to come visit us from Brazil for a few months (we are hoping he stays). Anyhow I wanted to give him a welcome gift. I had a few extra computer parts so this is what I came up with.

I got ideas from other people throughout various forums.

Oh yeah I'm not the most artsy person so this was a learning experience for me.

Here is what the rig includes
**Core 2 Duo E7200 (lapped) @ 3.8 Ghz
**EVGA 780i FTW
**BFG LS-550 Watt Power Supply
**EVGA 260 Core 216 Superclocked
**2 x 2GB Mushkin 1066 Mhz DDR2 RAM
**LG DVD-RW
**320 GB Hard Drive
**Window 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
**D-TEK FuZion V1 CPU water block
**Viper John North Bridge water block
**EVERCOOL VC-RF VGA Cooler on South Bridge
**Swiftech MCR-220
**Swiftech MCP350 w/ XSCP Resy
**2 Scythe "ULTRA KAZE" 3,000 rpm 4 radiator
**PrimoChill 1/2" Red UV Hose w/ 1/2" "BIG BOY" fittings all around
**Scythe"KAZE MASTER" 5.25" Bay Fan Controller
**2 antec tricools non led on front and 1 on exhause
**140mm antec fan on top exhaust
**23" Acer P235H HDMI

***have an extra 120 rad might add it in later


Right away I chopped it up and sanded that thing down.
CIMG2136.jpg


sanded the side panels and did some more cutting. the mcr 220 is going to be red
CIMG2200.jpg


Sprayed 2 coats of primer. sanded with 400 then 600 grit
CIMG2160.jpg

CIMG2159.jpg

CIMG2137.jpg

CIMG2361.jpg


Sprayed 3 coats of gloss black. sanded with 600 and 800 grit between sprays
CIMG2163.jpg

CIMG2199.jpg

CIMG2360.jpg


Some parts are red
CIMG2375.jpg

CIMG2173.jpg


Sprayed two coats of clear coat. used 800 grit between sprays. the clear is tricky to use. I learned a lot on the do's and don'ts. Im not totally happy with the paint job but oh well.
CIMG2376.jpg

CIMG2378.jpg


Leak Test
Found a leak. It was a loose fitting.
CIMG2388.jpg

CIMG2387.jpg

CIMG2385.jpg


Finally up and running. Still need to put a red 140mm fan grill, red led fans all around except top fan, uv lights to light up that uv red tubing. Maybe red leds on the resy too. I cut out the side fan mount. I think the kazes will bring good air flow and help keep temps down.
CIMG2393.jpg

CIMG2397.jpg

CIMG2406.jpg

CIMG2400.jpg


A Scythe"KAZE MASTER" 5.25" Bay Fan Controller is now on the empty 5.25 bay and the side panel is now installed.
CIMG2395.jpg

CIMG2405.jpg


The back side
CIMG2384.jpg


The set up w/ a 23" acer and a new desk. He was amazed at this computer. He loves it. Especially after I explained what all the "tubes" were for!!!
CIMG2408.jpg


I hope you guys like this log. I realized it takes a lot of time and patience to put together a computer like this. Thank you guys. comments and opinions are welcomed!!!!!
 
Great build. Someday I want to go to water, but I am very scared to mess up the 3k worth of components I have in my system since I cannot afford to replace them :).
 
not quite feeling the red grills, a lil brighter might be nicer.. but overall very nice :D
 
Great build. Someday I want to go to water, but I am very scared to mess up the 3k worth of components I have in my system since I cannot afford to replace them :).

I think water cooling is safe if you take the time and care to put together. and always leak test.
 
I think water cooling is safe if you take the time and care to put together. and always leak test.

Totally true, however if I did watercool I would do both CPU and GPU and the cost for the parts is about 600ish and as this is my only system I cannot really afford for it to be down too long.
 
Totally true, however if I did watercool I would do both CPU and GPU and the cost for the parts is about 600ish and as this is my only system I cannot really afford for it to be down too long.

all the pars I used were used. I paid about 220-250. you can get deals cheaper than that too!
 
Was very nicely done my friend. I enjoyed looking at your case here! :)
 
Your spare/kid's PC is better than my main machine every aspect. Hopefully he will understand how BA this is!
 
Nice. I might have played with the idea of alternating the mesh grills red and black.
 
looks nice...i would prefer to use to fan grills on the outside...but thats just me...nonetheless looks great...do you adopt? :p
 
looks nice...i would prefer to use to fan grills on the outside...but thats just me...nonetheless looks great...do you adopt? :p

i did put red fan guards on the outside. except for the top 140mm fan. I still cant find a 140 mm fan grill!!!!

Yeah man I'll adopt you!!

CIMG2405.jpg
 
i tried finding a brighter red but i couldnt. I love the red regardless. thank you

well one tip that works sometimes, if you want brighter colors, try a light primer, like white, instead of a darker one. and dark primer for dark parts. Least its worked for parts i painted in the past. its not going to glow, but you should notice a difference. even though u got a darkish red, the white should have lightened it a little. but always best to try it on scrap things before you paint the original. saves headaches sometimes.

overall looks pretty good. im sure he will love it.


also the antec logo on the front of the case, if you filled it in red or another color with either paint or a plastic sticker cut to match should make it stand out. but you got it done no and id hate for you to make a mistake and have to resand everything,,,,, sanding is what i hate most.
 
Back
Top