Antec 300 $34.99 @ Fry's B&M

dealmaster

Limp Gawd
I just stopped over at my local (Austin, TX) Fry's and they had the 300 for $34.99. They had a bunch left in stock, it will be great for my upcoming HTPC build. I don't know if this is local or nationwide, but if you want the case, give your Fry's a call and see if they have that deal too.

Damn you Fry's, quit tempting me with your outrageous deals when I do not have one anywhere nearby o_O

Instead of so many BoJangles franchises here they ought to be building Fry's B&M's. I can live without the chicken but deals like these are hard to be left out of.

if they were smart they would build one right here in Birmingham, AL. we lost Compusa and all but one Circuit City but those stores have horrible prices compared to Frys.

We had a compusa also and we lost it.
Circuit city and best buy are both sad excuses for pc parts.You cant get jack there except for a $89 case and a $12 fan

Instead of so many BoJangles franchises here they ought to be building Fry's B&M's. I can live without the chicken but deals like these are hard to be left out of.

We dont have bojangles or Fry's :'(

picked up one of these a week or so ago at Microcenter for $39~

VERY cramped and not all that well laid out internally... the 2nd hard drive slot and a video card pretty much touch each other, had to move around some stuff... sturdy though and looks nice.

my 2c.

picked up one of these a week or so ago at Microcenter for $39~

VERY cramped and not all that well laid out internally... the 2nd hard drive slot and a video card pretty much touch each other, had to move around some stuff... sturdy though and looks nice.

my 2c.
the video card getting close to a hard drive seems common even in much larger cases. for the price its an awesome case. the only thing I dislike about mine is the top fan will vibrate the case a little too much on medium. Im thinking about getting a silicone washer to see if that helps.

I looked at this case and wasn't all that impressed with the build quality. It's cheap
because it was made cheap IMO.

Got 2.

Dont see how you can call this cheap. Thumb screws for every hard drive, plenty of cooling, strong steel construction. Perfect for my 10tb WHS server.

WTF is wrong with all these noobies and their threadcrap??? I guess it's because school's out :rolleyes:.

My comment was purely in jest in case nobody realized that. The case is really nice, sturdy, and well built.

X2 4200+ overclocked to 2.8ghz on a Freezer 64 Pro, 100% load runs a cool 44C thanks in large part to excellent air flow with 120's added to front & side on this box.

Nice & quiet too.

My comment was purely in jest in case nobody realized that. The case is really nice, sturdy, and well built.

I could tell you were being sarcastic. Lian Li really is top notch, but Antec sure makes some solid cases that go on sale a lot. I have two 300 cases now. Both unused so far ... I know. I'm lame. Got some building to do ... :p

Not only does antec build good cases, they have excellent customer service. I had some rubber grommets to hold the fans on sheer off in a move. I emailed antec, they asked for my address, and then priority mailed me a handful of new ones.
An issue they could have made me pay to fix was solved in three days and for free. +10 antec.
I have a Lian Li now, it's great, but everything costs more than it should as far as extras go.

if you look at the 300 and the more expensive 900, they are built on the same chassis. The frames of the cases match. I only noticed the side window is deleted and the top mount fan is 120mm on the 300 versus 140mm on the 900. Very close otherwise. Great deal.

if you look at the 300 and the more expensive 900, they are built on the same chassis. The frames of the cases match. I only noticed the side window is deleted and the top mount fan is 120mm on the 300 versus 140mm on the 900. Very close otherwise. Great deal.

If the 300 had a transparent side window. ... I guess it would be a mini 900 then. Lol. :D

Not everybody wants an open window to their computer's insides, I guess...

Back