Another wireless tale of woe

murph

Limp Gawd
It is with great anticipation that I turn to you [H] members. I've googled, yahood, and much much more with no success. Let me explain...

I recently purchased an HP dv5020 with Broadcom 802.11b/g built in. I have been trying to connect to my wireless network at home with ZERO success and have no idea why. I set these up on a daily basis for people and haven't run into many problems like this. So I'm hoping another set of brains can help me out. Let me elaborate more...

After some tinkering, I disabled all wireless security (No MAC filtering and no encryption) just a plain wireless open network. The windows configuration tool sees the network, I click connect, and nothing. It hangs at the "connecting to the network" dialog box. I've tried newer drivers, older drivers, broadcom's wireless config tool, and nothing freaking works.

The thing is, I tried it on a network at work (the apartments next to work at least) and it at least prompted me for the WPA key, which it won't even do on mine.

So, does anyone know of any problems with a WRT54G not playing nice (older version) and a broadcom card ?

Any and all help is appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance!

Back