Alexdude777
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 17, 2004
- Messages
- 148
Athlon XP 2800+
512MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9600 np 128MB
Ok well those are my specs. I don't really do a whole lot of intense gaming, I have been playing starcraft and wc3 lately. However I do plan to get into a fps in the future and it would be nice to have a computer that can run some of the games in the future(like spore). I don't really have a set budget actually, when all of my stuff is done selling i should have like $550 but no way in hell will I spend all of that on a computer. I gotta buy a guitar too and whatnot.
Anyway I was wondering what would be a good choice to upgrade:
I was thinking a radeon 9800 XT would do the trick for awhile..that card is a bit better than mine and wouldn't run be hardly any money at all.
A 6600GT seems like a pretty nice choice as well since it seems to be pretty cheap and it runs stuff well.
Most people are suggesting a $165 "vanilla" 6800GT, but how well does this card run if I can't manage to overclock it?
I was also thinking about an X800, but I don't understand the differences between XT, XL, PE, etc., and wasn't sure what a really good value is.
What do you guys think would be best for me since I'm not a huuuuuuge gamer or anything?
512MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9600 np 128MB
Ok well those are my specs. I don't really do a whole lot of intense gaming, I have been playing starcraft and wc3 lately. However I do plan to get into a fps in the future and it would be nice to have a computer that can run some of the games in the future(like spore). I don't really have a set budget actually, when all of my stuff is done selling i should have like $550 but no way in hell will I spend all of that on a computer. I gotta buy a guitar too and whatnot.
Anyway I was wondering what would be a good choice to upgrade:
I was thinking a radeon 9800 XT would do the trick for awhile..that card is a bit better than mine and wouldn't run be hardly any money at all.
A 6600GT seems like a pretty nice choice as well since it seems to be pretty cheap and it runs stuff well.
Most people are suggesting a $165 "vanilla" 6800GT, but how well does this card run if I can't manage to overclock it?
I was also thinking about an X800, but I don't understand the differences between XT, XL, PE, etc., and wasn't sure what a really good value is.
What do you guys think would be best for me since I'm not a huuuuuuge gamer or anything?