• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Another which 19" to get thread

Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
613
Hello. I want to buy a 19" lcd. I won't be using it for any fps games so very low response timse aren't necessary. Something like 16ms would suffice although more is better. I definitely want very good viewing angles and color reproduction though. Good contrast and brightness also, although most of them go hand in hand. My budget is $250-350 so there's a lot of lcds to choose from. I was originally thinking of the vp390b but I hear it requires calibration and other things. I want a no-nonsense one that can work out of the box and look great. Everybody have a happy spring break, or what's left of it :D
 
samsung 970P(it may be a little bit over your budget but it's worth it)
 
you can get the best crt monitor ever made, sony 24 inch, ebay has it for $300+$100 s/h total $400. i am seriously thinking about replacing my lcd for this monitor maybe.
 
silverwolf0 said:
.... I was originally thinking of the vp390b but I hear it requires calibration and other things. I want a no-nonsense one that can work out of the box and look great. Everybody have a happy spring break, or what's left of it :D
No such thing, all LCD's have to be adjusted when you get them....
Anyone who says otherwise is selling something. I must say, it's not much of a hassle so get ready to work on your setup.
I just bought a VP930b - you can read of my initial response here :
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1032685
 
Yeah I can adjust contrast and brightness but when it comes down to color I am one of those people once they start adjusting, it never ends, that's why I rather have it good at default.
 
Back
Top