• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Another what would you upgrade to thread?

neubspeed

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
518
I have about $1000 CDN to spend (so that's like $800USD):

FX-55 Clawhammer - Thermalright XP-120
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
2x1024MB OCZ Platinum (2-3-2-5) DDR400
eVGA Geforce 7800 GTX KO Edition (256MB)
SB Audigy 2ZS
2 x 74GB WD Raptors (not hurting for space.. yet)
OCZ Powerstream 600W
Antec P180

Logitech Z-5500
Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue
Logitech G15
Samsung 915N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind upgrading anything there, but what are my best options. Help would be appreciated, thank you!!!! :)
 
Dell 2005/2405 and a pre-emptive HD upgrade :)

Your GTX is bored right now with that 1280x1024 monitor :) Getting another GTX won't do too much for you.
 
another vote for a better screen. dunno if you can get a 2405 for 1000 cnd but that's what i would get if i were you.
 
Without a doubt the monitor and defintely look into the dell the 2005 is outta this world.
 
Thanks guys for the helpful replies. I just ordered a Dell 2005FPW for $551 CDN (which looks like a pretty good deal), I take it I will be impressed with this thing when it arrives.
 
Back
Top