Another What GPU Should I Get Tread

carlson19

n00b
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
15
I currently have the 8800 gts 320 mb and play on a monitor thats 1680x1050 (with the possibility of getting a bigger soon). I am looking to upgrade my GPU and PSU and currently looking to get a 9800 gtx. Is this going to give me that "huge" performance upgrade? How big of difference is the 8800 gts 320 to 512?

I know I have the option to go 2 3870s in crossfire or the 3870x2 but it seems that the 9800 gtx for cheaper preforms the same or better in some cases. If possible I would like to stick to 1 GPU rather then crossfire or change to a SLI mobo.

Is the 9800 gtx to much for what i have now or should i jump at it for the $300 price range and enjoy my gaming?
 
the 9800gtx would be a pretty good performance boost for you in that range. I know when i went from a 8800gts 320 to a 8800 512, i roughly gained around 10-15 fps in crysis. It was amazing.
if you want cheap then get the 512 GTS
 
Coming from a 8800GTS 320Mb, yah a 9800GTX card will be a decent upgrade. It will easily drive games on that 1680 x 1050 display. Even a 8800GTS 512MB will do fine with performance close to the 9800GTX at a cheaper cost.
 
Back
Top