Another Vista Question. Permission issue, I think.

somename

Gawd
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, and I have this nagging problems I can't seem to fix.
First of all, IE protected mode is broken. It won't run any scrips(JAVA and ActiveX) in protected mode. Not a big deal as I use Firefox but a bit of an annoyance.

Bigger issue is that cookies get reset in both IE7 and Firefox fairly regularly, and that one of my programs(xplorer2) loses its configuration regularly. I think it's some kind of permission issue since it doesn't happen when I'm logged in as the Administrator(the built in kind. the even the accounts in administrator group has same issues).

I gave up on fixing the issue since I'll be reinstalling Vista when I switch the mobo, but I wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems. I'm trying to figure out this happened because something broke in Vista or if it's something I'll have to live with in Vista.

If it's occuring in protected mode only then I would check Windows Defender settings. Defender may be preventing things from working as you want.

Back