Another "suggest an upgrade for me" thread

Ludic

2[H]4U
Ok, here goes. I'm feeling the need to upgrade my video card. I'm not pulling enough frames in COD:BO, and I also play League of Legends, and Portal 2. I have the rig listed in my signature, and it doesn't have to be a budget card, but I'm not breaking the bank either. I'm especially interested to hear some intriguing ideas of what direction to take my rig. I'm not married to any brand, and if you think I'd be better off upgrading another component, I'll listen to that too.

Eyefinity/surround does intrigue me.

Are you planning on upgrading the rest of your system anytime soon? If not you maybe better off with Nvidia if you are interested in Surround, since you only have a SLI board. You can run Eyefinity off one card, but it may not be enough for what you are looking for.

What is your budget? I would not get anything less then a GTX 560 or HD 6950 2GB. Either card depends on if you may upgrade system totally. I cannot say I have seen many people using a GTX 560 for multi monitor is the problem going with that card though.

6950 2gb seems to be the flavor of choice lately. If you can find a reference model, all the better.

6950 2gb seems to be the flavor of choice lately. If you can find a reference model, all the better.

The reference model 6950 is the one that unlocks to a 6970. The 6950 2GB reference is the best bang for the buck performance card right now. A GTX 580 is faster overall but it also costs nearly twice as much and doesn't have as much memory (1.5GB for the $500 version).

Maybe try a 560ti?

Considering non-reference 6950s that can't unlock as well (?), cost just about the same if not a few bucks more and performs slightly better I'd say no.

6950 all the way if you can't pony up for the GTX 580. Unless of course, you have the craving for PhysX or CUDA or whatever nVidia proprietary toys are out there then by all means get the 560 Ti.

Ok, here goes. I'm feeling the need to upgrade my video card. I'm not pulling enough frames in COD:BO, and I also play League of Legends, and Portal 2. I have the rig listed in my signature, and it doesn't have to be a budget card, but I'm not breaking the bank either. I'm especially interested to hear some intriguing ideas of what direction to take my rig. I'm not married to any brand, and if you think I'd be better off upgrading another component, I'll listen to that too.

Eyefinity/surround does intrigue me.

You're screaming 6950 to me :)

I decided to put a down payment on a 2010 Camaro, so that might hold this upgrade back.

Back