• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Another reminder and request for info

wickedld9

Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Messages
661
Yesterday we said our goodbyes to my best friend's mother, essentially my second mom. On Sunday morning she lost her battle with Parkinson's disease.
I'm not posting looking for condolences or a pity party, just a reminder that every little contribution brings us closer to a better understanding and hopefully a cure for these terrible diseases that first destroy, then take away so many wonderful people in our lives.

In honor of her, I've decided to re-dedicate some hardware towards folding. Unfortunately, I've been out of the folding mix for a little too long now with moving, work, and other things taking up my time. I have no idea what a decent output for ppd/w is these days. A quick scan of the first page isn't giving me a whole lot either!

Some ideas:
I've got almost an entire PC's worth of parts in boxes gathering dust, just missing a video card.
3570k
motherboard
memory
750w PSU
random ssd's/hdd's

I've got a pair of 660Ti's I'm using in my gaming rig and have thought about selling them to get a GTX 780. Would the folding output on those 660Ti's be worth dedicating or could I get something better for what I would spend on the GTX 780?

Thanks for the help guys, and KEEP FOLDING!! :D
 
Welcome back


I think the 780 will get a decent chunk more, just dont know off the top of my head, atleast be better efficiency.

The top PPD/w folding is still with 4p motherboards folding, but GPU's are catching up
 
My mom has parkinson's, so I understand. My 660ti is getting about 60k-65K ppd folding the 8900 WU. But that's under linux and no SMP going. When I had it on my SMP machine it got around 40. My SMP machine went from 25k to 40k when I quit trying to do both on the same machine.
 
Sorry for the loss you and the ones close to you must endure. You aren't alone in this fight.

2 x 660tu's running the beta units may out fold a 780 but will use more power I believe. Short of building another rig, I think gpu are your best bet.

Fold for those you love <3
 
Back
Top