another "recommend me a resource" threads--coldfusion

i was recently moved to a new project at work. it's a pretty interesting one, but web programming is pretty new to me and coldfusion is VERY new to me.

if you have the time, please recommend me a resource where i can get a crash-course to aid me in the simple tasks they gave me to learn coldfusion and the project as a whole.

thanks!

Books to me are generally boring. My company invested in an account with lynda.com and i think it's a great resource. I can watch the videos at any time, whether I have free time at work or just doing it from home.

Sorry if I sound like a commercial lol.. but anyway yeah their website has a lot of great tutorials including Cold Fusion. I've never actually done the tuts for CF but most of the tuts on this site are very well done and simple to follow.

there are a few coldfusion guys here, I recommend IRC efnet #coldfusion.

I idle there and learn from other peoples questions.

since coldfusion is a markup language it's hard to point you in a straight direction to a resource without knowing what you are trying to do. feel free to hit me up on AIM if you have any questions.

Your best bet is to dive into it and when you get stuck, start asking questions on here.

Back