another recommend me a keyboard thread

Stupid8000

n00b
OK, I'm sick of looking for hours to pick a keyboard. So I'm asking for some input. I'm using an HP elite V2. Works fine, not much fun gaming, feel is great when typing. I don't want wireless and I want something backlit. I was hoping to stay under or at $30 but that looks like a dream. That should be some input into what Im looking around for.

Blarg!!;)

ya. what I meant by a dream. But I'm also not particularly looking for a "gaming" keyboard. I like my HP elite V2, just don't want wireless and would like something backlit. There are so many company's making keyboards now that I have no idea whats a good one or a pile of rebranded walmart junk.

soft keys or mechanical? If you like soft keys I highly recomend the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

Double you're $30 number, but logitech has treated me well with this board (had a few my-fault issues that they covered). Its a simple, but nice keyboard.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
honestly I'm fine with membrane. Used it for years and mechanical are a bit pricy to me still.

I like that Logitech keyboard. Even tried it out already. Just don't have room for board with palm rest.

Last edited:
Logitech is only $40 so I'd say go that route. Though it's hard for me to ever imagine using another rubber dome keyboard again.

These are a little bit above $30, but look like nice backlit rubber dome keyboards.

Corsair K30: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816018

Logitech G105: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126327

The G105 is pretty nice. I have the "COD MW3 version" which I bought a while back on Amazon. I believe it was a sale around Black Friday and I paid somewhere around $30 to $40 for it. Again, it's a pretty nice keyboard for the price. Personally, I bought it for the green backlit keys (which match my Razer mouse) and for the programmable keys.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gami...8&qid=1393004370&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+cod

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ok, I'm most likely getting one of the Logitech boards. But has anyone used or tried any of these? They seem ok and have good reviews but cant really find a review that is from someone I've heard from before.

AZIO L70

Perixx PX-1000

These seem to be smaller company's that have been around but are just starting to spread out to other country's. Or they have been around and are junk:)

I ordered myself a rosewill 9100xb i was looking at various mechanical and had decided to get one with cherry mx blues with blue backlight.
I liked the razer but reports of them being shitty and keys randomly not working put me off plus i wanted blue backlight.
So i looked at the corsair k70 the aluminum body appealed to me but the led ceasing to work primarily the blue ones put me off the final straw for that keyboard was the report of someone dripping just a little bit of water into it and the whole thing fried itself. I know easy fix dont get it wet still doesnt stop the accidents or the backlights from failing.

So i looked at what my staple logitech has to offer the g710+ looks like crap orange frame really white backlight... mx browns... backlight issues... key stroke issues...blah...

I ordered a WASDKeyboard friday, I'll get it monday so I'll let you know how I like it. Right now I'm using a Filco and I'm trying to sell my Ducky Shine 3, nothing wrong with it just don't care for the LED backlit.

Back