[another]Question about ram

GameFreak

Limp Gawd
Ok, I know this has probably been asked but the search is disabled. I'm needing to get some new ram for my new mobo.

I currently have Kingstone Hyper-x 1gig 2700, but I'm thinking of getting pc3200. My new mobo is an Asus p4c800 deluxe with a 2.6c P4 processor. I'm going to try and OC it to about 3.2ghz+, but I think my ram will hinder me. Also, since I'm running 2700 ram the mobo wants to run it at 320mhz instead of 333mhz, but I dunno why. :confused:

I have a limited budgit of around $200, and I was wanting to know what I should do? I could get 2x512 sticks of a value ram(Kingston, Corsair, Geil, etc) or I could get 2x256 sticks of really good ram(Corsair XMS, Mushkin, Kingston Hyper etc). My daily activities don't include video editing or anything like that, but I do like to run some of the new games(Star wars KoTor, UT2k3, and a lot of newer MMORPGs). How much would only having 512mb(2x256mb sticks) impact performance in these games as opposed to the 1gig(2x512 sticks)? So it's basically a questions of Performance vs. Quantity and if enough quantity out does performance?

*sigh* hope you guys know what I'm asking. Anyways, thanks for any replies you give. :)

if u dont wanna upgrade ur computer again in the future, i would recommend the 1Gb over the 512
i do not have extensive info about this topic as others but i do know that 1Gb is almost a necesity nowadays
as for ur RAM choices, do not get anything with "value" on it>> usually not the greatest

hmm, how much do you think I could sell my 1 gig of 2700 hyper-x for? That would be enough for me to get some good ram, and possibly a hardrive. Retails $95 bucks @ the egg, but I was thinking like $60-$70 per stick(or $120-$140 for the gig) Would that be reasonable? I figured out that I want more storage, so I think I need to get a 160gb HD. -edit- read the rules for the FS/FT forum.

Thanks St|ffy :)

Back