another quad core for me

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
I just found a good price online and bought another quad core.

That will make 2 quads and 2 dual core. :eek:

I'm going to need a second job to pay for the electricity to run these things. Thankfully the weather has changed and I have turned off my air conditioning. It was running 24/7 for a long time.

Dammit - I was just about to pass you in points.... ;) Now I've gotta get me another damn quad. What did you get, where, details, etc.?

Yes, details would be good so we can properly congratulate <cough>target<cough> you.

Agreed, Need to know more about this :) so I can fart on you and distance myself farther

Am not amused... But I love it :)

Got two new borgs yesterday - a friend brought it up and offered to fold under my name :)
One quad borg's coming in tomorrow - once again it's nice to have nice friends...

On to the lab... I'm ready to cuss all day long and hunt the manager down but for the sake of [H]orde I shall be patient and when the time comes it shall be too late for BLUEFISH44 :D

What are you guys laughing at?

What did I do?

p.s. Quad core q6600 ---- $180 plus tax, free shipping;

come with a free Intel hat and some other swag.

I got it straight from Intel.

So you're building a brand new rig? Cool. I figured you'd found a good deal on a Dell or something.

Building a new rig from the ground up. I got all the stuff earlier this summer except for the CPU. My first CPU was $209 plus tax, so this is great... $29 cheaper. I don't know about any stepping... probably not the G0 kind.

What are you guys laughing at?

What did I do?

p.s. Quad core q6600 ---- $180 plus tax, free shipping;

come with a free Intel hat and some other swag.

I got it straight from Intel.

They offering a free Intel hat with that now? hmm... /itchy buy finger activiated

They offering a free Intel hat with that now? hmm... /itchy buy finger activiated

The hat is what did it for me.

Plus, I am about to pass Cedric Battlewind. I want to pass him as fast as I can. :rolleyes:

I see you on that radar. Don't think I am down and out yet. Two systems are being benched and a quad core is destined for one.:cool:

let's see, you live in IF, that's three and a half hour run, thirty minutes to change your clients folding names to mine, and three and a half back, hmmmm don't think the boss will let me take that long of lunch, so are you leaving town for the weekend soon? :D

It's heat the house by AMD season very soon in Idaho, My power bill actually goes down in the winter, no AC and no need for the base board heat to work any more since I built the farm.

got my shipping confirmation

I gotta wait until Oct. 1st. Oh well.

p.s. Racercarl.... don't come to my house without bringing a race car !!!;)

Back