Another q9550 temp question.

Mopower

Gawd
Sorry to ask this but I just need some comfort. I have a q9550 at 3.4ghz and with a Xigmatech HDT-S1283 and my idle temps are about 44 degrees across all cores and while playing Bad Company 2 with all cores at 75 percent the temps are in the low 60's. While running the IBT temps are in the lower 70's. Ambient temp is 68 degrees F.

Am I ok? Are these temps normal?

Again sorry for asking this same question others have asked.

They're 5º - 10º higher than I see with this CPU, but are still ok. What Vcc are you using? With an ASUS P5K-Pro board I have it set to Auto (~ 1.15v) and it's stable at 3.6 gh/z.

I've got one running at 3.8 @ 1.35 vcore. It peaks out at 68c under a Tuniq tower with a 45cfm Scyth Sflex. Both the cpu and heatsink have been lapped. Gaming I've never seen it break the low 60s. Been rock solid stable for me.

I've had it stable at 4ghz on my Asus P5ke-wifi but temps were in the mid 70s full load and mid 50s idle @ 1.365 vcore and I wasn't comfortable with that.

IMHO as long as the vcore is reasonable and the machine doesn't auto shutdown with run away temps it's safe enough for a desktop. Electricity bill goes up though.

Back