Another PSU calc.question

Ballistik

n00b
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
2
I am building a new system.

i7 2700K
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
16GB ram
1 SSD
1 HDD
1 GeForce 560Ti

This is what my comp will be for now, but later on I will double the ram, add more storage and upgrade/add video card as needed. Will a 750W PSU be able to handle the upgrades later on, or should I get a larger PSU now?

I used PSUcalc, and with where I want to be in the future it said 740W, but on this videocard review with an OC'd GeForce 560Ti it showed 475W, will a 750W be able to handle the newer cards and/or multiple?

1311204196dGV2w4dNDh_9_1.gif
 
Any plans to SLI/Crossfire, or use dual-GPU cards?

If not, get a good 500-600 watt power supply and call it a day. It will handle any single card setup.

If so, how far do you plan to go? Two cards? Three? Four? For two cards, 750 watts is plenty. For 3, 850-1000 watts. Four, 1000-1200 watts.
 
Back
Top