• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Another noobie to OC'ing

Xee

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
2,020
Four years ago when I built the rig in my sig, I picked the parts with the intention of OC'ing. However, I never had the guts to try it, not wanting to risk breaking something. I've got some free time on my hands now though and want to see what I can do with it. I'm not looking at pushing it to its limits but would rather just do something moderate on air. Anyone got any tips, links, etc on how I would go about doing it? Specifically, something along the lines what programs I need, the process to go through, etc. Thanks in advance. Btw, here's my system:


Q9450 @ 2.6ghz
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (Lapped)
ASUS Rampage Formula
4GB G. Skill DDR2
Thermaltake 5002 12v
 
My experience oc'ing with intel processors short (LGA1156 and 1155)... So no experince with 775 processors

But i can tell you what programs you need:
Real Temp: for checking the temps xD
Intel Burn Test and Prime 95 (32bit and 64bit)... For testing stability (cpu at 100%)
Blue screen view: for see what was the error that gives you a blue screen

Also a tip, disable the programs that you don't need from starting with windows (msconfig)
 
Just like every OC'ing process:
-Disable CPU and PCIe Spread Spectrum
-Fix PCIe Frequency anywhere from 101 to 103MHz,your choice.
-Fix CPU voltage at 1.2v and start increasing the FSB until it gives your BSOD or lock-up then increase the voltage a notch or two.I believe you can push to at least 400MHz FSB at around 1.36 to 1.38v.

The softwares you need were mentioned by the guy above me.
 
Back
Top