Another Linksys bites the dust!

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
Well my favorite "bitch" switch has failed. Same thing happened about a year and a half ago with the same model, ended up RMA'ing for this one and same problem just happened.

Works for about a minute then bombs out, if i unplug and replug it will work for another minute.

SRW224G4, so glad this was just my test router. Learned my lesson the first time and removed this guy from the client and replaced with a Dell.

One more sign that pretty much all Linksys gear sucks =)

You have it on a battery backup unit? I try to keep all clients routers, bridges, switches, etc...on little APC units. While yes there are better quality managed switches out there (big fan of ProCurves)...the more entry level Linky SRW series have been good for me...probably have a dozen or so of them out there in service...they do a decent job.

nah this thing is a bitch switch, it doesn't see any real time in a work place, i just keep it in the car and use it when i need a temp fix or troubleshooting(for example place runs out of ports and i dont have anything new).

but yeah i always put these things on battery backups along with the other networking gear.

Back