Hello again |-|.4/>D guys and gals.
I'll welcome myself back.
I have a mini server set up running win2k and one of my main drives crashed
STRANGELY today... 80G WD ( don't laugh... I know... 80G in my "server" )
Showed no signs of failure, quick as ever and I've treated it good.
"the story"
I plugged a random HD into the machine, browsed it a little, realized it wasn't
the one I thought, shut down and took it out. When I started the machine up again
my 80G is doing the whole "would you like to format now" routine, so I check it out
in disk management, admin tools, and it's partitioned?! ... a random 10.2G partition
and then 64.51G unallocated space. pardon my lang but WTF?! I'm stumped.
I vaugly remember having this problem before but I can't remember how or even
IF I fixed it. It's more important to me now, I have a serious collection of mp3s
on that drive that i've been building (cataloged just perfect) for the past 5 or 6 years.
It's got to be something simple... it CAN'T be hardware failure. I think it's related to
me plugging in that drive... can the header get screwed up or something? I don't know if that makes sense but whatever... help.. please...
Any advice is GREATLY appriciated.
I've done the data recovery thing for other people so I know how much it sucks.
GOD is there anything else I can do?! Am I stupid, is there something wrong here
that is simple to fix?!
Thanks again.
Rex