Another H50 thread/experience.

BioInclined

Limp Gawd
I installed mine today and i did not have as much room as i thought i did. I had to mount it to the top, Rad is on the inside right now fan on the top.

I am not worried about it as i plan to start getting into real water cooling this winter.
I had stock AMD cooler before and idle was 40-41*C now i idle at 39-38* C.
But in game (BFBC2) i ran at 57*C stock, now at 46-47*C with H50.

The noise elimination alone was worth the upgrade. Plus i was going to go with a larger heat-sink but they are big, look OK but still need more fans and i didn't like the idea of more stress on the mobo.
I might OC a touch to 3.4-3.6 or so, haven't decided.
That is all. :D

Another positive is that you can have all the heat dumped outside your case. Although Corsair says to use it on an intake, I've always used mine as an exhaust and never gone over 40c in the summer while folding with my 1090T OC'd to 4.0.

Congratulations on making the switch.

I will probably play around with it once i get my new fans. I have it as intake right now and then a front fan intake and NO EXHAUST! lol, i was a bit worried about it but the front fan pushes air to my 6950 and i'm sure that helps a lot.

EDIT: mhenley, what fans do you run? I was considering switching to 1 large 55mm but unsure. Of course trying to keep noise down.
Update: Today I'm idling at 36-37*C Only a degree or 2 down but Corsair said you don't need to worry about cure times, it seems to have made a slight improvement.

Last edited:
Back