• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

another gaming lcd thread...

FalconSS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,297
just looking for the best gaming lcd under $300 if you look please post your thoughts... I need more deskspace.
 
I have been doing a lot of looking around at lcd's for the last month trying to determine what to buy. I currently have a 19" Envision CRT that games fine but is smaller than I would like running at 1024x768 for office apps and Internet use.
After hitting every store to look at monitors and watching Newegg, ZipZoomFly and several other vendors I ordered a Dell 1905FP. I am not a fan of Dell computers but I really like this monitor. Color, Brightness, Black levels and Geometry are great on the couple of dozen we have at work. Text with Cleartype turned on is deluxe. The 1280x1024 native res gets a fair amount more real estate for web pages. It pivots for use in viewing full pages without scrolling. It also comes with both Analog and DVI cables.
Gaming is almost but not quite as sharp as the CRT but the additional brightness and screen size more than makes up for it IMO.
Current price on the 1905FP is $319 shipped plus sales tax if applicable. When it goes sub $300 I will likely pick up a second one for some dual display goodness.

WarHammer
 
My bro. in NY also has 19" Dell 1905fp and luvs it.
Like Warhammer, he's talking about getting 2nd and hooking them Dual so they become One wide-screen for work / gaming.
Dell Home has it on sale, 319+free frt.
 
I3eyond said:
what model is this?

The model that I had.. It was a great monitor and all, excellent static image quality and text but for gaming and watching movies it was horrible, so I sold it on ebay.

It had a response that was 20ms but it felt like 50ms. I heard somewhere that newer models would support 8ms gray-to-gray...
 
THIS place has the SAMSUNG 940B for $309.99 and the Viewsonic VX924 for $299.
Both are new gaming monitors. Search around....a lot of people like these.
 
Im really new to LCD's.

my current moniter is actually one I got from my dads work that they weren't using anymore and its huge! its a 17" nokia 447Za. I didn't even know nokia made moniters! The 15" sony vaio trinitron that I was using (since 1995) Broke a pin so the display looks pink... not good for gaming...

I use a cybernet all-in-one pc at work( its a pc built into a keyboard) and their stock moniter and I LOVE how [H]OCP looks on that thing! ... oh yeah and my work too(which is all os/400, a command line interface) Im really looking to upgrade the size and clear some space because I hardly have any space left on my desk but my moniter and it is a PAIN to take to LAN parties!

oh yeah as a side note... has anyone heard of this nokia moniter?
 
There are 2 versions of the 1905fp. One uses an AU optronics 8ms panel and the other uses a 20ms panel which I think is a Samsung.
I have never seen one of the 20ms 1905's so I can't say how those game. We have a dozen or so 1905's at work and all of those came with the 8ms AUO panel. From Googling it looks like there was a changeover from the slow panel to the fast panel around April or May of 2005.
The easy way to check which panel is used in a given 1905 is to turn it off, Hold down the menu and "+" button and turn it on. Release all three buttons and go into the OSD, go to the bottom choice "Factory Reset" and select it. Select "Factory at the bottom. If it has the 8ms panel it will list AUO next to panel type.

WarHammer
 
Back
Top