Another gaming issue

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
634
I installed VMware Workstation running XP 32bit on a Vista Ultimate 64bit host system. I did this to play Metal Fatigue, a old game.
When I tried it on Vista, the game crashes after the 1st mission is completed. On VM, the intro doesn't show and its just a black screen, but that's not the problem, the problem is the game runs super slow! I checked the compatibility for win95 which doesn't work. Help please
 
VT support enabled? Try installing Windows 98 or something like that instead of XP?
 
VT is a technology in bios that allows more hardware access to a virtual machine - namely a significant portion of the CPU. It can give you a good bit more speed - that being said though, WinXP should be fast enough even without it, unless you're trying to do this on an old P2 or something.
 
If you check my sig, I have a pretty good system. I dedicated 1 core, 5gigs, 512mb ram, to XP. The game is running extremely slow. The game video is not displayed properly
 
Back
Top