Another g600 dead. Razer or Corsair for replacement?

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
First g600 had left click issue that was most of the time registering as double click. Pretty irritating that was. It was on last month of warranty though, so got new one in October, but as a replacement it didn't have warranty extension. And today it just died - was booting PC, when the lights didn't come out on the mouse. Tried different ports and a laptop - but nada, it's dead.

Looks like Logitech quality control is getting more lousy, so I won't risk buying another g600. As I love the side panel with those 12 thumb buttons, the replacement can be either Naga - and standard one - I'm not paying 150 euro for rgb light and wireless mode (wireless would be nice, but fancy lightning on mouse is not. Roccat Nyth is also too expensive, so the other possible replacement would be Corsair Scimitar

I'm not great fan of Razer, as they used to have issues with quality, and I never really used corsair nice, so don't know how their software, sensor and quality goes, but it looks like they are well received in reviews.

So wired, standard Naga or Scimitar?

With my experience with the Razer (DeathAdder 2013 edition doubleclick in a little more than 1 year, purchased mid 2014), I'd skip the Naga.

Since your G600 lasted until almost 6 months before the warranty lapsed, then I'll assume it was fine for almost 2.5 years.

I'd buy another Logitech before I bought a Razer again, which I did.

Currently using a G502 on one PC, and a G500S (They replaced an original G500 under the 3 year warranty with a G500S) on another.

So far, so good. No experience with the Corsair, but I'd still stay away from Razer.

Never used the Scimitar, but I absolutely love my M65 RGB. It's comfy, extremely solid, and shows no signs of wear even after almost a year of use (unlike my last Cooler Master).

I'd stay away from the Razer, their QC is really hit-and-miss. The last thing you want is for your expensive mouse to start malfunctioning just as the warranty runs out. I'm not a huge Logitech fan, I used a G502 for a day before returning it. It felt cheap, plastic-y, and terrible straight out of the box. It was also quite uncomfortable, all the effort Logitech put into making their mice look edgy and cool just makes them covered in harsh edges and very uncomfortable to use.

Back