Another Entry in WTF USB Market: Beer-filled Thumbdrive

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
A company has figured out how to make liquid-filled USB drives and Budweiser has hired them to make some beer-filled drives for their own marketing efforts. I’m pretty sure that’s not really beer in there but the pics make it look like a reasonable facsimile. Funky.

Is capitalism really that great, if it leads to beer-filled USB flash drives with "optional customizable floating objects" inside? Should we Americans really be that pleased with our free speech, if it means I get emails from people who make flash drives with BEER in them?

lol...that's pretty funny. Every time I use my PC I'll want a beer! (although maybe not a Bud...)

Let me be the first one to say that I have enough redneck in my to really want one. Sign me up. Would love to pull that out at a manufacturer meeting to grab some files.

Direct link. http://cnkpromos.com/

I really gotta say WTF, you can't get a useful amount of beer in a USB drive. Everclear otoh...

I'd be afraid of breaking the damn thing in my pocket and smelling like beer all day.

I can already see this being involved in a "a routine traffic stop ended in arrest when..." news story.

Is capitalism really that great, if it leads to beer-filled USB flash drives with "optional customizable floating objects" inside? Should we Americans really be that pleased with our free speech, if it means I get emails from people who make flash drives with BEER in them?

OMG, not beer! But the children! I know the original author was trying to be cute, but beer is legal and only 5-6% alcohol. Not exactly crack. :rolleyes: I think the Gizmodo guy ought to go see a communist country for himself to see how great capitalism and free speech are. :p

Now, if they'd only come in Sierra Nevada Pale Ale versions. ;)

I'm not a drinker and I want one of these, next up is plastic goldfish

OMG, not beer! But the children! I know the original author was trying to be cute, but beer is legal and only 5-6% alcohol. Not exactly crack. :rolleyes: I think the Gizmodo guy ought to go see a communist country for himself to see how great capitalism and free speech are. :p

Now, if they'd only come in Sierra Nevada Pale Ale versions. ;)

I think the Gizmodo guy wants to live in a communist country. I don't get what he's whining about.

but beer is legal and only 5-6% alcohol. Not exactly crack. :rolleyes:

yet compare the two in any real-life-data.. beer(alcohol) always comes out the sinner... I haven't believed in these so-called laws that are imposed on us by god-knows-who and virtually unquestionable.. a system that judges alcohol legal yet marijuana and ecstacy illegal despite a far higher percentage of users of alcohol having negative affects than any other non-opioid or non-prescription drug. Aggression, overdose, psychological issues, social and economic issues and of course death are all more likely to occur from the consumption of alcohol than most of the illegals weed, mdma, steroids etc... I live by my own moral-code, and laws are only observed in cases of a high potential risk not viewed to be right unless they are right (like murder, rape, theft, terrorism etc etc)... if drug (including alcohol) laws were based on actual scientific data and not racial / political propaganda then i would accept it into my belief system..

i've smoked marijuana semi-regularly for 15 years and take ecstacy occasionally (semi-regularly as a youth).. and despite the perception created by the government and imposed by their buddy the media.. i'm not some desparate lowlife that cant hold a job, would do anything no matter how low for a hit. If by extension of the chain of sales that lead to the drugs i bought funds something more sinister, that's not my fault, the government made something harmless illegal... and if drug convictions cost billions of dollars funding overcrowded prisons and an endless torrent of court cases, thats not my fault either... and i refuse to accept it is my responsibility... therefore rendering other laws irrelevant in my eyes like taxes.... how can i respect taxes if i dont respect the squandering of the money... i'll pay the taxes i absolutely cant get away with.. but that's it...

no matter how you look at it alcohol is no saint and i see it in the same light as crack legal/illegal doesnt matter to me anyways... but lol at a beer usb-key being offensive :D :D that ridiculous..

oh and erm.. before you get the wrong idea... i have thigns in my moral-code that i strictly adhere to that definately isn't law.. fair-trade, i'll never cheat anyone in a deal... i really can't do it..

I'd pick one up in a heartbeat if it had Guinness, but definitely not that Bud crap.

There has to be a way to get a [H] logo on/in one of those. That would be great.

First the USB Hamdrive, now a USBeer drive. USB: Unbelievably Small Beer.

Think of it this way, it's passively watercooled drive.

There has to be a way to get a [H] logo on/in one of those. That would be great.

Kyle posted the link to the marketing firm, you can put whatever you want in there and you can have also floaty objects and symbols in there.

Yep, those would be fine too.:)

Damn it looks like the minimum order is 250 pieces.:(

Make a hardocp one and I can bet you you will need a much larger order than 250 pieces.

Kyle, are you listening?! ;)

Hell yeah. I'd sign up to buy a HardOCP liquid filled thumbdrive with a floaty [H] in it.

I wonder the cost. If cheap enough, save a few for promotions or contests as a prize for frontpaged items.

A beer-filled [H]ard drive?
I'll take a coupla dozen.

Kyle.....do we really need to be PC? ;)

I'd be in for a couple. These would be great, folder of the month, news contributor of the year, crap like that :) Lanparty swag, you name it.

Back