Another crypto exchange steals people's coins...

mzs_biteme

[H]ard|Gawd
Coinmarket.io has taken a dump on all the folks using it, and with it, it looks like there has been a lot of coins being shifted around without "owners" knowledge...

This was definitely a much smaller operation than Gox, but they supported (when opened) a lot of new and obscure "crap-coins" that pop-up every day. A lot of people are pissed off to a point of posting the site creator's name and address.... Somebody gonna get "goxed"...:eek:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454186.2740

Last edited:
This is saddening. I used them to do LEAF a month ago or so.

Wow and the guy opened another exchange (supposedly) and stole even more coins.

Sucks there is so much bad news like this, but I guess thats what gets peoples attention.

Odd. I used Coinmarket.io early on with KDC with great success.
Nothing recently however.
The site has been down a lot lately though.

Oh, I was wondering why that name sounded familiar. Ya, their site had been up and down for the past 3 weeks. The very last time I used them, their site was up and down constantly because they claimed they were upgrading their trading engine. I had a RDD deposit there that was hung up in the middle of confirming on their site. I fired off a quick support email and they nudged the transaction so I could at least withdraw it. Apparently, a few days later they stopped doing even that and stopped responding to support requests. I haven't used them since then and thankfully had nothing left there once I got my RDD withdrawn.

Eventually, they stopped communicating with their users on their Bitcointalk forum and via twitter. When they finally did break the silence, they claimed they were still in the middle of rewriting their trade engine and that people should have heeded the "Beta" tag on the site if they didn't want to risk losing their coins. All of their communications were rather unprofessional at best, some even hostile towards the users asking questions trying to find out about their missing coins. Now, it appears they are back at it bringing the site up and down as they please and generally not communicating with their users... assuming they will be back that is. It doesn't look good.

Wow and the guy opened another exchange (supposedly) and stole even more coins.

Sucks there is so much bad news like this, but I guess thats what gets peoples attention.

Wait... wut? Opened another exchange? Which one?

Wow, there are some seriously pissed off people. Couple of them offering BTC for someone/someones to find/"talk" to the guy.

Good to know.

It seems that exchanges are popping up just as frequently as coins nowadays. If there's one thing to be learned from all of this crap going on is trust no one. Even the exchanges could be your enemy. I've started experiencing mild anxiety even when leaving balances on Cryptsy lately.

So again lesson learned i hope, DO NOT keep your coins ONLINE, keep them offline in your own wallet.....only move them to trade / use

exactly, i am all new to this mining scene and i have ypool set to dump me my Riecoins at every 5 coins....

How could they piss people off, to me they explained what happened, they are trying to fix it, and people are being asses and giving someone shit who has nothing to do with the site except provide hosting....

It could of been worse and they could of told everyone to f*** off they are getting nothing.,..

[EDIT] Read more of the threads, ya these guys seem like douches, as usual provide NO information about what happens, until an innocent person, the webhost gets harrased to crap and only then post something, but now the quesiton is being tossed that he webhost, could be an owner.

On the contrary - Kenneth Bjorke is the only person right now who knows who YOU are. I would suggest that if Kenneth Bjorke does not want any further hassle from people who have lost money, he gives up YOUR details now. As soon as he tells the world who YOU are, then he gets rid of all the stress and the problem is then with you to resolve.

Right now you are able to hide, and if it is true that Kenneth only provides the hosting, it is not fair that he has to deal with all the sh*t. All Keneth has to do is publish your details and we can start chasing the right person. So I suggest YOU start answering PM's and fixing the problems for people who have raised them on here before Kenneth gets that annoyed he just gives up your details.

All it takes is a post every few days for what is going on...

Last edited:
Back