Another Athlon Mobile success!!!

reflex33

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 5, 2001
Messages
343
Just got my 2500+ mobile installed and OC'ed.

2.6 GHz at 1.85v!!!!! Idles around 35c and loads around 43c!!! WOOT!!
 
Is that with the vantec tornado?

That is a great overclock!

hehe, that's like 3600+? :)
 
Well it is a Tornado but I don't run it at full speed (that thing is loud as hell!! :D ) I run it around 2200 RPM so its silent.

And yah I did the conversion it comes out as a 3800+!!!
 
Originally posted by bobsaget
Is that with the vantec tornado?

That is a great overclock!

hehe, that's like 3600+? :)


Actually it's more like a 3950+

Results compared with a 2500+ (11x multi) and a 3200+ (11x multi and a 200FSB)

Check the converter in my sig.
 
do you know what the serial number is? i'm definitely gonna get one of those!
 
Excellent. Soon I shall buy one maybe. Ether that or an Athlon64 and the new ASRock 755 board. Decsions decisions decisions...
 
That converter is nice but it should really take into consideration bus speed also. I know it just assumes 200 FSB, but...yunno it would be cool to see like what a 2.3GHz Barton with like a 233 FSB was.
 
Geeze. That just totally blows my 2500+ out of the water. Week 17, though... :p 2.3 ghz.
 
Reflex....did you do any kind of L12 mod?

I displaced a 2500+ with a mobile 2500. The 2500+ needed the L12, Im wondering if I should remove it now with the new chip.
 
Originally posted by reflex33
Just got my 2500+ mobile installed and OC'ed.

2.6 GHz at 1.85v!!!!! Idles around 35c and loads around 43c!!! WOOT!!

nice.. im also running 200x13 at the moment with my 2400-m, but to keep it stable i have to run at 1.95 volts. still, i never go above 40c, thanks to sp-97 + 92mm tornado and as5.
 
Originally posted by uwackme
Reflex....did you do any kind of L12 mod?

I displaced a 2500+ with a mobile 2500. The 2500+ needed the L12, Im wondering if I should remove it now with the new chip.

No mods what so ever.. Just pluged it in an went.

As for an update, I backed it down to 205 * 12.5 for ~ 2570 MHz. It was getting a bit hot and with a few more MHz on the bus I get a little better performance. Prime95 still likes to bitch unless I up the voltage to like 1.9 or 1.95, but everything else seems to be stable... no crashes on any games or anything so I'm happy!
 
Limited success with my 2400+M.

2.3GHz currently. I get the feeling I am limited by my power supply - the 200W unit that comes in the Shuttle SN45G.

My vanilla 2500+ also topped out at 2.3GHz.

Time to tear apart the WC system and see what a real supply and real cooling can do for her :D
 
Originally posted by mwarps
Limited success with my 2400+M.

2.3GHz currently. I get the feeling I am limited by my power supply - the 200W unit that comes in the Shuttle SN45G.

My vanilla 2500+ also topped out at 2.3GHz.

Time to tear apart the WC system and see what a real supply and real cooling can do for her :D

What voltage are you running? These things are voltage hungry. And don't worry about the temps to much... these mobiles are rated to 100c. Not that I would run it at that, but you can! :D

But yeah a 200w power supply is a little tough, but 2.3GHz in a SFF is still a great lan party rig!!!!
 
Originally posted by reflex33
What voltage are you running? These things are voltage hungry. And don't worry about the temps to much... these mobiles are rated to 100c. Not that I would run it at that, but you can! :D

But yeah a 200w power supply is a little tough, but 2.3GHz in a SFF is still a great lan party rig!!!!

She's at 1.75V at 2.3GHz.. I'm not complaining, she's also 10C cooler than her older Barton cousin which requires 1.925V for 2.3GHz.
 
Originally posted by mwarps
Limited success with my 2400+M.

2.3GHz currently. I get the feeling I am limited by my power supply - the 200W unit that comes in the Shuttle SN45G.

My vanilla 2500+ also topped out at 2.3GHz.

Time to tear apart the WC system and see what a real supply and real cooling can do for her :D

what power supply is supplied with ur sn45g? i got mine up to 2480mhz, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=736568 i have the ACME 200w power supply, and i tried it with the my Forton 350w psu (the one that power my rig in the sig), and i didnt get a higher overclock, ima try higher than 1.7v later on... but if it is limiting you they make the SilentX 250w power supply that bolts into your sn45g easily,


yup
 
Back
Top