Another 5830 hit

Rossi~

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,479
@ Overclockers

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-010-C3&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

XFX 5830 @ £205.99 (cheapest*) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-168-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1711

Club 3d 5850 @ £220.99 (cheapest*) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-010-C3&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

I just want to add that Overclockers had the 5850 @ £199.99 the other week...

hmmmm, I think i'd stretch the £15.

*at overclockers
 
Last edited:
newegg has them in the states, but price differences range from 70-100 dollars between the 5830 and 5850.
 
I don't see the problem with those newEgg prices - cheapest 5830 is $240, cheapest 5850 is $310. Unless you feel that the 5850 is overpriced (understandable, since it is $50 more than original MSRP), then $240 for a 5830 is about right. Relative to a 4890 it doesn't look very attractive unless you really value DX11 and Eyefinity, but that applies to pretty much the whole 5-series lineup due to lack of competition. You're not getting fleeced on 5830 prices like us Brits - here the price difference is extremely slim (£10-20), and I even provided a link where 5850 can be had for less.
 
OMFG the cards still there for about 12 hrs, that tells something *cough* the card does not worth what they are asking. :eek:

then they will drop in price. it is simple economics. ATi figured they could move them at that price point and if they can't they'll lower it. They are a business and they are here to make money so it is understandable they will try and get the most from this card without hurting their sales on the 5770 and 5850.
 
I don't see the problem with those newEgg prices - cheapest 5830 is $240, cheapest 5850 is $310. Unless you feel that the 5850 is overpriced (understandable, since it is $50 more than original MSRP), then $240 for a 5830 is about right. Relative to a 4890 it doesn't look very attractive unless you really value DX11 and Eyefinity, but that applies to pretty much the whole 5-series lineup due to lack of competition. You're not getting fleeced on 5830 prices like us Brits - here the price difference is extremely slim (£10-20), and I even provided a link where 5850 can be had for less.

There is a 5850 with dirt 2 free for $310. Dirt 2 is $40 bucks. So your gettinga 5850 for $270 vs $240. $30 diffrence.

The best deal seems to be cod mw 2 with the 5830 for $265 since the game retails for $60.

However if dirt 2 or cod don't mean anything to you well.... All I can say is at least dirt 2 uses dx 11 features and isn't a half assed console port.
 
Back
Top