• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Another 3570k temps thread!!! (with an H80i)

SuperToast92

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
130
Well, I'll start right off the bat saying this has been an ongoing, everlasting battle between me and my PC... I'll be satisfied for awhile, then begin to question if I'm getting adequate cooling or not considering the parts I'm using, and comparing to what others are getting with the same cooler and voltage.

I'm on a 3570k right now, clocked at 4.4GHz, which seems to require 1.25V when using small-FFT stressing in Prime95. This puts me up to 80C with my H80i cooler. My ambient is on a considerably low side - 22C. Idle temps are around 35C on the hottest core.

Does this seem warm to anyone else for these settings? I am using the highest LLC setting, since it seems my board likes to drop up to 0.05V otherwise (ASUS Sabertooth Z77). Any recommendations of settings to fiddle around with? 1.25V seems to be sort of mid-of-the-road for an Ivy chip at 4.4.
 
Some Ivy Bridges come with particularly bad thermal paste underneath the IHS. Mine runs as high as 85C with at 1.25 volts with an HR-02 Macho.
 
Mine is locked at 1.30V & 4.5Ghz it idles at 29°c and gets up to 75°c on intel burn test, about 55°c gaming.
Aircooler is 412S push/pull config. I could go lower voltage but I see no reason for that, voltage and temp is acceptable and at that voltage it's always going to be rockstable.
The jump in voltages I have to take to go from 4.5Ghz to 4.6Ghz is insane though.
 
Last edited:
Finally replying to my own thread...lol. It's been a busy week.

I've updated to the latest BIOS, and played around a bit tuning my OC. I have it stable now at 4.5GHz, around 1.26V after droop (now second from highest settings of LLC). I peak around 85C. @Chikatilo, same for me; there's a ridiculous jump for me to even get to 4.6. I'd burn the chip up before I'd have enough voltage.

@ZMX, that's a good point. I've been thinking that may be the case.

I'm still surprised, considering that cooler I have, the lack of performance with the cooling. Guessing it's the paste under the IHS though. My machine "idles" around 37C (that's with a boatload of processes going, including desktop gadgets, and browser/music player open and chugging along). My coolant temp reports to be at 27C. It tops out at maybe 35, 36C when stressing.
 
Back
Top