Anone know more about this board?

phatmatt

[H]ard|Gawd
attachment.php

source from xtremeforums ATI rep,

CPU Power Delivery:
-4 phase CPU power supply with the ability to deliver 170+ Amps
-provision for passive, water block or active air cooled mosfets (heatsink form factor is the same as the northbridge)
-voltage range to 2.7V but artificially clamped to 2.0V
-voltage increments as fine as 20 mV

Memory Power Delivery:
-upto 30 Amps delivery potential
-voltage range to 4.0V
-voltage increments as fine as 20 mV
-adjustable VTT (memory termination voltage) to +/- 10% of memory VDD

NB Power Delivery:
-NB core has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

HT Power Delivery:
- HT I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.2V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.2V I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.8V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.8V I/O has it's own power rail with 2 discrete steps

Board Features:

Onboard Devices:
-twin Silicon Image SI3132 SATA II w/ NCQ chips connected via PCI-E, each chip providing 2 SATA ports. (8 SATA ports total; 4 are SATAI and 4 are SATAII w/NCQ)
-Marvel Gigabit LAN connected via PCI-E
-one general purpose single lane PCI-E slot (provisioned for 1 more single lane general purpose slot if one SI3132 is not populated as a build option)
-Azalia audio support via SB450 using Realtek codec
-POST code LED display
-Firewire support with ViaVT6306
-VGA and DVI outputs via Radeon Xpress 200G (enabling upto 4 monitor outputs using an ATI add in card and ATI Surroundview)
-onboard power and reset switches
-onboard VID code LED display

Overclocking Options:
-HTT frequency upto 500 MHz
-All relevant memory timings and adjustments including support for new Rev E CPUs
-HT link ratios X1, X2, X3, X4,X5
-Independent PCI-E overclocking for the graphics bus

Thermal Monitoring:
-thermal monitoring of CPU power delivery circuitry, CPU, NB and ambient

If you want to know what board that is, its a new Sapphire ATI chipset mobo, RS520 I believe, and that pic looks familiar, was that taken from asemodgod during his Sapphire case mod worklog? It looks like a good system and I am seriouisly considering it for myself. It may or not become part of there Liquid Metal series (kinda like the integrated waterblock) and should have a decent enough performance rating to compete with the 2 other mobo's currently offering the ATI Xpress chipset, I hope it happens soon since Im looking into that chipset for myself (cause Im a cheap SOB and dont wanna buy a PCIe GFX card)

Not out yet, not sure what the previous poster meant about not getting a PCIe card when that's clearly a PCIe motherboard.

Looks to be a kick-ass board regardless, there was a large thread at xtremesystems.org on it, but I'll have better luck weeding through piles of clothing in search of a newborn baby than trying to find that thread...

ScHpAnKy said:
Not out yet, not sure what the previous poster meant about not getting a PCIe card when that's clearly a PCIe motherboard.
means I could save a few bones using the onboard GFX instead of dropping an extra few hundred on a vid card.

Zero_Distortion said:
means I could save a few bones using the onboard GFX instead of dropping an extra few hundred on a vid card.

I see now, thanks for clearing that up for me :)
Also, if you're looking a cheap PCIe video card, look at the X300SE ($50), 6200TC ($58) and non-Turbocache 6200 (if unlocked, it's about same performance as a 9800 Pro, and for $99!)

ScHpAnKy said:
Also, if you're looking a cheap PCIe video card, look at the X300SE ($50), 6200TC ($58) and non-Turbocache 6200 (if unlocked, it's about same performance as a 9800 Pro, and for $99!)

How do you unlock an x300se?

ScHpAnKy said:
this isnt the forum for it but the point would be to save those few bucks as to not have to buy a cheap vid card, I can then get a better one later on, IF I needed it (I dont game much)

Back