• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Annoying static problem.

arigo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
153
Ok, so I have this static that comes in waves when sound is playing when I'm in windows. It occurs in a very predictable echo (Only it isn't really an echo, and it's an anoying "bzzt" sound) I've tried using a different soundcard, different drivers, replacing the codecs, adjusting and muting all the levers I could, and I still can't get rid of it. I also don't experience any problems with sound playing when I'm in linux so why it's specific to windows is beyond me; It's driving me crazy. Any ideas?
 
You wouldn't happen to be using the front panel jacks would you? Same thing happened to me and it turned out to be the routing of the cable that went to the front panel. Turns out running it behind the motherboard wasn't such a great idea after all.

 
Turns out running it behind the motherboard wasn't such a great idea after all.

hahahaha.


what version of Windows are you using OP?
and what sound system for Linux?
for that matter, what audio hardware are you using?

what creates the buzz noise? (you said it was predictable, what happens before the noise, or during the noise?)
 
Back
Top