Annoying Restart Message in SP2

xphantg0d

Gawd
I have been looking for a solution and havent found one yet. In SP2 with automatic updates after it installs the updates it pops up a message to tell you to restart. So I click restart later and 15 minutes later it pops up again and 15 minutes after that it pops up again and i am pretty sure you are seeing the pattern. Anyone figured out how to stop this message or increase the time in between popups, I feel like there is definitely some value in the registry called "time between really annoying restart reminders"
Thanks

I noticed this yesterday as well. I was gonna smack that popup in the face. My solution was to turn off automatic updates :p but I'd like a better one.

Considering that this occurs when updates require a restart to take effect, maybe you should just... restart! Seriously, we're only talking a minute or so of downtime here.

lomn75 said:
Considering that this occurs when updates require a restart to take effect, maybe you should just... restart! Seriously, we're only talking a minute or so of downtime here.

Yea, but sometimes your in the middle of something and don't feel like rebooting your box just that moment, ya know what I mean? It would be nice if the message went away forever. I know I have to restart. I clicked "Restart later" about 15 times now :). I'll do it when I'm ready to.

ya it was annoying. I didn't want to restart cause I was in the middle of a download. And when I was playing a game, it minized me to desktop :mad:

Back